At Echo we are committed to help our Associates grow their career. Apply today and grow with Echo!
Echo Global Logistics is a leading provider of technology-enabled transportation management services. As a third-party logistics provider, we simplify transportation management for our clients and carriers, handling crucial tasks so they can focus on what they do best. From coast to coast, dock to dock, and across all major transportation modes, Echo connects businesses that need to ship their products with carriers who transport goods quickly, securely, and cost-effectively.
Looking for an internship role in Summer 2022 and think you have what it takes to be a part of our Sales team? Check out what we have to offer!
Echo’s summer Internship program allows you the opportunity have on-the-job training to execute real world projects, interaction with Senior Management/Executives, mentorship from leaders, and thriving in an environment and culture that listens and welcomes your feedback. We are an organization that has high energy, great enthusiasm and collaboration, and is ultimately a lot of FUN to be a part of!
Spend your summer learning all the in and outs of a busy sales team! After your training, you will be partnered with a coach/mentor within our Carrier or Client Sales team. You will focus on your specific team but have an opportunity to learn what all the sales teams do! You will spend the summer learning both the logistics industry and the full process of becoming a rock star sales rep!
We foster a passionate, driven sales force in the 3PL space, the fastest growing segment within transportation. Our reps stop at nothing to close business, offer solutions and solve problems for our clients’ diverse shipping needs.
Check out “Life at Echo”
- Must be able to start June 6, 2022 (internship goes through August 5, 2022)
- Will be a Senior in fall 2022
- Able to work daily at our Chicago office (600 Chicago Ave)
RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE:
As a Client Sales Intern, you will work closely with a client rep as you work with them to aggressively uncover new business by engaging with clients via telephone and email. You will also assist with nurturing existing relationships by offering solutions and solving problems for diverse shipping needs.
- Work closely with a mentor throughout the summer
- Build, maintain and manage account relationships
- Profile and analyze accounts to overcome any objections and generate quality opportunities
- Assist in presenting the value of Echo’s services to prospective and existing clients
- Collaborate with internal departments to ensure world class customer service on every shipment
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Paid internship, casual dress, team outings
- Help understand career opportunities by joining an industry leader for the summer
- Work with virtually all aspects and teams within Echo Technology
- Experienced mentors to learn and adopt new practices
- Ability to introduce your own views and takes on our product offerings
- Work in the full software delivery life-cycle
- Ability to constantly enhance and improve applications
- Plan to learn a lot and have a lot of fun!
Work Environment/Physical Demands Summary:
This job operates in an office environment and uses a computer, telephone and other office equipment as needed to perform duties. The noise level in the work environment is typical of that of an office with an open seating floor plan. The employee may encounter frequent interruptions throughout the work day. The employee is regularly required to sit, talk, or hear.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or Vietnam era or other protected veteran.