As a state-licensed professional surveyor provide superior customer service to internal and external customers, to meet or exceed their needs and expectations, and to build customer loyalty. Direct, plan, research, coordinate and take responsibility for self-performed surveys and for the activity of the field crews which are conducting land, engineering, and legal surveys for the company, together with all other related professional tasks which may be required or requested.
- Coordinate, schedule, and direct field crews by making recommendations and providing assistance to critical parts of requested surveys.
- Provide documents and counsel for the sale or purchase of the property.
- Provide survey, verifications, opinions, and testimony for the acquisition of right-of-ways and assist in the solution of legal problems.
- Develop and provide engineering data for use by various groups in planning the construction of generation, transmission, and distribution systems.
- Provide training to personnel and communicate their developments and new techniques in the surveying profession.
- Other job duties as assigned
- Must have a Bachelor of Science degree in Surveying.
- Must have at least five years of job-related experience.
- Land Surveyor registration with the State of Michigan is required (official documentation must be shown).
- Must have a working knowledge of filing, internal customer service, photography, reprographics/micrographics, and communication skills.
- Must have demonstrated knowledge of environmental services, land management, physical sciences, and electric and gas utility engineering. Additionally, this job requires expert knowledge of surveying.
- Must have a working knowledge of service planning and service restoration.
- Must have a working knowledge of building/land appraisal and records management. Additionally, this job requires advanced knowledge of real estate/rights of way and expert knowledge of cartography.
- Must have a working knowledge of organization and management skills, project management, strategic planning, safety, staffing (interviewing/selection), and training, development, and education.
- Must have advanced knowledge of computer operations software (spreadsheets, graphics, database managers, etc.), technical illustration/computer-aided design, timekeeping/pay practices, and word processing/typing.
- This job requires a working knowledge of corporate policy.
- Must have a working knowledge of electrical equipment and non-precision tools/instruments. This job requires advanced knowledge of blueprints/drawings/schematics and construction. Finally, this job requires expert knowledge of measuring devices, mechanical equipment, and precision tools/instruments.