As an entry-level professional in Customer Care, the primary accountabilities are answering incoming customer phone calls and resolving customer inquiries related to turn-on and disconnection of services, electrical and gas outages, and gas leaks.
- Initiate and respond to customer inquiries related to various products and services.
- Gather and analyze current and historical data from customer records to respond to service requests and inquiries.
- Follow-up with key contacts within Customer Care and other departments to ensure timely resolution of complaints, inquiries, and requests.
- Conduct customer business within Michigan Public Service Commission rules and established guidelines.
- Process customer payments per established guidelines.
- Communicate with customers effectively and accurately.
This position can be satisfied through one of the following three options:
- High school diploma, or equivalent, with two years of experience in a customer contact professional environment
- Henry Ford College Customer Service Professional Certificate with one year of experience in a customer contact professional environment
- Associate degree, or above, with one year of experience in a customer contact professional environment.
- Must obtain an evaluation of “recommended” on the clerical and human relations portions of the customer representative tests.
- Must have intermediate oral and written communication skills, including an excellent speaking voice and solid use of proper business grammar.
- Must demonstrate a working proficiency in relevant computer applications within multiple corporate applications and data management tools and systems.
- Must pass Department of Transportation (DOT) drug & alcohol testing and a satisfactory physical examination.
- Must be flexible to work shifts and extended periods of overtime that may include weekends and holidays.
- Maintain internet access at a home location with at least 20 Mbps.
*Bid Restriction of 24-months*
Testing Required: PSI Select Assessment for Customer Service and DTE Customer Interactive Simulation