At DSM, we are working to create brighter lives for all. Our future is rooted in our passion for science and in finding smart solutions to solve society’s greatest challenges. Our vision of the future inspires and encourages us to step up, rewrite rules, and progress together.
Bring your passion. Build the future.
We are hiring a Safety, Health, and Environmental (SHE)/Security Manager
Location: Cromwell, CT & Enfield, CT
i-Health and DSM Nutritional Products have created a position that will focus on Security and SHE management functions in our Cromwell and Enfield, CT i-Health locations. At our core, our business starts with our people and we’re eager to include you! Our ideal candidates are collaborative individuals who are caring and courageous. These candidates are committed to continued growth and bringing new ideas forward to propel our thinking and drive to set our pace. We would like to see applicants who are strong and effective communicators (whether in person, by telephone, or by email), have an interest in maintaining already excellent mentorship skills, and have experience in the realm of Security, SHE, and Risk Management.
If you’re passionate about the future of our society and the planet we all share, and you want to make your mark on the world…you’ve found the right match in the DSM family!
- Understand, Represent, and Manage SHE & Security affairs at i-Health
- Ensure compliance with Corporate Security requirements and relevant laws and regulations including creating, leading, implementing, monitoring, and revising multi-year SHE/Security plans
- Maintain understanding of laws, regulations, and standards that impact aspects of the i-Health business
- Interpret and implement compliance needs and objectives for Cromwell and Enfield sites.
- Report all SHE and Security incidents (e.g. near misses, irregularities, possible hazards, etc.), and provide follow-up plan so that the organization will learn from incidents
- Liaison with DSM SHE representatives on regional, global, and peer levels
- Liaison with landlords as directed by facilities manager
- Advise associates of SHE and Security opportunities for improvement including regular formal management reviews
- Train and inform managers and staff to improve Security and SHE awareness, attitudes, and actions
- Prepare and deliver presentations in person and virtually as needed
What we like to see in your experience:
- 5+ years of EHS (SHE)
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- In-depth knowledge of SHE and Security policy, requirements, annexes, and practices
- Experience in upholding and implementing OSHA, Fire, and Environmental standards
- Experience and training in Risk Management
Get the reward to match your passion!
Working for DSM means the opportunity to really contribute to improve people’s lives by solving the puzzles and answering many of the questions facing today’s world. Exciting and provocative career opportunities and an inspiring, collaborative environment allow you to enhance your personal development. DSM recognizes that the on-going success of the company depends on the continued development and engagement of our employees and pursues a fair and competitive remuneration policy, recognizing individual and team competencies and performance.
At DSM, we Do Something Meaningful.
Interested in this position? Please apply online by sending us your Resume and Cover letter in English via the career portal (www.dsm.com/careers).
**Pre-employment screenings are part of the DSM Recruitment & Selection Process. You will be contacted when further information is required. In the Recruitment process, we will use the Occupational Personality Questionnaire to provide insight on your learning adaptability, preferred operating style and motivation for this position.**