Risk and Strategy Analyst
Chicago, IL, US
About the Role
Dividend Finance is looking for a Risk and Strategy Analyst to join our Decision Sciences team. The analyst community plays a pivotal role at Dividend, as they are responsible for the pricing and risk strategies; focusing on bringing data-driven decisions to life. In addition, they will build out testing strategies, valuation structures and create ecosystems that will monitor and react to the various KPIs and risks. The role will require the analysts to wear multiple hats greatly accelerating the exposure they will have to the various parts of the business. In addition, the analysts will work across the organization with other key team members to bring their strategies to life and are expected to work actively with senior leadership. The ideal candidate enjoys solving complex business problems with multiple tradeoffs in a fast-moving environment, can communicate effectively at all levels, is action oriented, intellectually curious, and extremely self-motivated to drive change.
The role will feature rotations across Credit, Installer Risk, Operations, Servicing, Decision Science, Product and Strategy.
About the Company
Dividend is a leading FinTech lender for residential solar and home improvement projects. At Dividend, we question convention, reward creativity, and always welcome new ideas. We are hungry to win, happy to help, and determined to succeed. And we’re also a pretty awesome company to work for. Every day, we get to see the impact we’ve had on our customers, our partners, and on the world around us. Look below and see if you think you’d be a good fit: https://www.dividendfinance.com/our-culture
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Find creative solutions to a variety of interesting business problems through data exploration and analysis. More specifically:
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners to understand their business needs, formulate and complete end-to-end analysis that includes data gathering and analysis
- Perform analysis and provide insight to launch new products and/or risk and pricing strategies for Solar and Home Improvement lending products
- Work closely with Sales, Operations, Product, Technology, and FinOps teams to scope operational feasibility, lead implementation efforts and launch products – and then iterate quickly as we get more data and market feedback.
- Present the results of data analysis to management and other key stakeholders
- Support existing Solar and Home Improvement products through active risk management, monitoring and improved risk policies
- Consistently follow work processes and documentation requirements
- Bachelors in STEM, Finance or Economics with a focus on hypothesis and data driven solutions preferred
- Desire to work towards a more sustainable future and an interest in how that intersects with finance and technology
- Ability to communicate complex ideas as simple, easy to understand concepts; be able to dig into details and also summarize at a high level
- Advanced MS Excel (pivot tables, etc.) and SQL skills preferred
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks with challenging deadlines and priorities, often driving work through other teams
- Ability to build partnerships, collaborate, and influence at senior levels and across the business
- Team player, ability to deal with setbacks or failures with equanimity and willing to work on projects large or small
- Intellectually curious yet pragmatic
Dividend Finance Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.