- Major contributor of continuous improvements in the quality of user and content modeling in Hotstar.
- Keep track of both industry and academic research trends in related areas, including but not limited to machine learning, data science and distributed computation.
- Participate in user and content modeling projects planning with product managers and the team based on data-driven investigation methods and industry trends.
- Propose, implement, test and verify algorithmic solutions for upcoming user and content modeling product features.
- Implement systems that combine machine learning and product design to continuously improve over time.
- Develop prototype, proof of concept, and demo systems to improve performance for current algorithms and architectures.
- Implement the problems involved in user and content understanding.
- Maintenance and troubleshooting the offline and online user and content modeling algorithms on product.
- Partner closely with other product teams across the organization to experiment with different algorithms and validate their effectiveness, while gaining knowledge of how ML works in all these products.
- Experience: Master degree or above. 1+ year experience of practical algorithm design and implementation in data science or machine learning related fields. Has experience in backend development will be a plus.
- Knowledge: Solid mathematics, computer and machine learning background. Solid knowledge and hands-on experiences in big data processing and parallel computing frameworks such as Hadoop and Spark.
- Problem Solving: Logical thinker with good problem solving and analytical ability to apply your mathematical, algorithmic and other expertise to solve real problems.
- Learning Ability: Strong ability to master new technology in short time and apply to solve practical problems.
- Motivation: Passion for applied research and new technology, open to interdisciplinary work.
- Collaboration: Participated in at least 1 team projects and played an important role to push the projects forward with others.
- Communication: Good communication skills, both verbal and written.