About the role:
We are seeking talented people to join us as a Supply Chain Consultant in Plantation, FL (Miami/Fort Lauderdale area). Your work involves working in teams on a variety of important projects including, but not limited to, developing new strategies and concepts, transforming supply chain networks, enabling operational excellence, and driving forward the Strategic Logistics Consulting practice group within DHL Consulting.
What you get:
Early responsibility within projects and beyond them
Own, plan, and drive the workstream forward from the outset. More than this, you are encouraged to regularly interact with senior and executive level management, act as an expert on supply chain optimization topics, build relationships with clients, and support supply chain project acquisition activities.
A chance to build our business while you build yourself
Accelerate up a steep learning curve. You will benefit from professional feedback on-the-job, specialist training designed around your unique potential, and access to the latest methodologies and tools. We offer a career track including a pre-defined path from Associate Consultant to Partner, quarterly formal performance reviews, and a culture of open feedback. Looking ahead, we offer many opportunities for a post-consulting job in the network of Deutsche Post DHL Group due to our commitment to being the talent development pool for the Group.
International exposure and travel
Deutsche Post DHL Group and the Group’s customers are present in 220 countries and territories. You will encounter a wide diversity of clients and colleagues, and may well experience international and domestic travel out of one of our four global offices as part of a project or office exchange.
A career and a life
While there is some domestic and international travel – many of our projects are based in our home office. Your home life is important, and we make sure you are able to do the things that matter to you outside of work. There is a chance to participate in our sabbatical program and take time-off for studies, family leave, or personal interests.
A diverse and open environment
Our highly collaborative team is built on mutual respect and support. This open-minded approach enables knowledge-sharing and the rapid integration of team members. Our strong focus on team diversity has created a global team with diverse academic and professional experiences. Apart from work, you will have the chance to connect with your team members at informal events, such as offsites, holiday parties, etc.
A variety of challenging topics
We offer a large breadth of exposure to projects in logistics and across functional areas such as finance, marketing, operations, human resources, customer service, and IT as well as exposure to different industries such as life sciences, energy, technology, consumer, retail, engineering and manufacturing, and automotive. Your main focus will be on providing logistics consulting services to customers of DPDHL, in addition to internal topics for DHL Consulting and the Group.
What we look for:
· Master student with focus of study on supply chain, operations and/or logistics and transportation
· High degree of intellectual curiosity and strong academic performance:
o Strong GPA (normally 3.5+)
o GMAT > 90 percentile (700+) for MBA candidates; GRE > 90 percentile (166+) for Master candidates
o Strong analytical course scores (e.g., math, science, statistics, etc.)
· At least 3 months of International experience/exposure (academic and/or professional) is a plus
· At least 3 months relevant practical experience (e.g., supply chain, consulting, or strategy)
· Familiarity or experience with one or more of the following supply chain methodologies: network optimization, supply chain mapping, inventory optimization, transport optimization, warehouse design
· Familiarity or experience with optimization tools such as Supply Chain Guru and visualization tools such as PowerBI preferred
· Affinity for data science and familiarity or experience with programming skills in Python are a plus
· In addition to English, Spanish and Portuguese are a plus
· Very strong analytical skills and problem solving skills
· Strong team player
· High personal drive
· Eloquence in communication
· Persuasive power
We sponsor visa’s for applicants that are already in the US and eligible for it
Please bear in mind that your application will only be considered complete after we receive:
- Cover letter
- CV (including GPA)
- GRE score (mandatory for Master graduate)