Are you looking for a supportive teaching environment with the ability to make a significant impact on student outcomes? Do you want to join a multi-disciplinary team with a strengths-based approach, emphasizing applied behavior analysis and positive behavior supports?
If you answered YES to either of these questions, then consider joining our Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health team!
We are currently offering a $1,000 SIGN ON BONUS !! Brand new full time employees, or part time employees working 20 or more hours per week, will receive their bonus in two installments: $500 at the end of their 3 week paid orientation and another $500 after completing 90 days of employment.
Being a Speech and Language Pathologist has its advantages
As an SLP, you will work with other dedicated education professionals who share your passion for helping individuals in need. We offer:
- Greater autonomy and flexibility with teaching plans; fewer state and federal mandates
- Access to the Savi Student Loan Checkup tool to help you navigate the student loan system – quickly see your repayment plan options and discover potential savings!
- A rewarding career while making a difference!
Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health New York provides programs and services for children and adults with intellectual disabilities, Autism Spectrum Disorder, and dual diagnoses. Located in Mt. Kisco, NY, this position is responsible for evaluating, remediating, and providing consultative assistance to unit staff on speech, language, voice, and hearing problems that impede student’s effective communication. The SLP evaluates students upon intake and prepares diagnostic reports on each evaluated student. They will also conduct individual and/or group therapy programs and prepare reports to evaluate the progress of each student seen in therapy. The SLP will also liaison and consult with staff to coordinate program planning, determine need for therapy, and implement recommendations of clinical staff in regard to behavioral/emotional difficulties.
Education and Experience:
- Masters Degree in Speech Pathology or Therapy
- NYS Certification in Speech and Language
- CFY candidates are welcome to apply
- Previous experience remediating speech and/or language difficulties in a school, hospital, treatment facility, etc., is preferred.
- Devereux requires all individuals interviewing for a position involving contact with children to complete The Diana Screen, a screening that assesses a candidate’s understanding of appropriate boundaries between adults and children