Detroit Manufacturing Systems provides opportunities for students to become exposed and begin their careers through internship learning opportunities. Students will be exposed to working in a manufacturing environment working alongside professional engineers.
The primary focus of our internship programs is to provide hands-on learning and real-world experience to engineering students enrolled at an accredited college or university. In this role they will work with the engineering teams to assist with production controls, document systems, gauge management and day to day plant activities.
● Assist in gathering data, analyzing, and drawing engineering conclusions.
● Review engineering drawings, gauges, tolerances, and calibration.
● Assist in gathering information on standardization, new technologies, and cost reduction ideas.
● Organize and prioritize work requests to meet project timing requirements
● Organize and assist with document control and change management of documentation.
● Gain knowledge in engineering procedures, tools, and engineering process development.
● Must be enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s level engineering degree program at an accredited university.
● Ability to provide own transportation to/from the job site.
● Ability to participate in an internship work term.
● Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
● Geographically flexible.
● Student currently enrolled and pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in automotive, manufacturing, industrial, mechanical, electrical, mechanical engineering.
● Students (all could be considered).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
● Ability to work independently and in a team-based environment.
● Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
● Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
● Effective time management skills.
● Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
Job Types: Internship
● 8-hour shift
● Monday to Friday
● Personal protective equipment provided or required
● Temperature screenings
● Social distancing guidelines in place
● Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Entry level and/or some exposure in a manufacturing setting