Our audits are fueled by more than just technology – what really sets us apart are our insightful professionals, collaborative culture, and commitment to innovation and continuous improvement. Our audit professionals apply a streamlined, intelligent approach to the audit, enabled by innovative tools and technologies. Quality is our top priority, and by focusing on innovation, we continue to raise the bar on quality and deliver greater value to our clients. Learn more about Deloitte Audit.
The Audit Transformation team is seeking highly motivated PhD students available for 3 to 6 month internships in the area of natural language processing and machine learning. The successful candidates will work with the other data scientists on the team to develop solutions to real-world problems. You will have the opportunity to test your knowledge in a challenging problem-solving environment. You will be encouraged to think outside-the-box, innovate, and find novel solutions to some of the most challenging problems within our business.
- Utilize basic natural language processing (NLP) techniques to develop tools (such as information extraction and retrieval, context analysis, event detection) for analyzing large data sets consisting of natural language documents.
- Collaborate with colleagues to implement reusable, efficient and maintainable software components using mainstream programming languages.
- Incubate innovative concepts and develop publications.
- Current student in a PhD program in a quantitative field (computational linguistics, computer science, engineering, mathematics, physics, machine learning, statistics).
- Experience with NLP techniques such as topic modeling, sentiment analysis, NER, text summarization, etc.
- Extensive experience with natural language processing tools such as NLTK, spaCy, PyTorch-NLP, Gensim, etc.
- Proficient in Python with software development experience.
- Experience with deep learning tools such as Theano, PyTorch, Tensorflow, etc.
- Publication and research experience in related fields.
- Outstanding collaboration, interpersonal and communication (verbal & written) skills in English is required.
- Drive and motivation for career development and open to taking on challenges.
- Team player who can also be independent, prioritize work and thrives in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Learn more about our commitment to developing our people.
As used in this posting, “Deloitte” means Deloitte & Touche LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
Requisition code: 31332