Dechert LLP is hiring aspiring legal professionals in our New York and Philadelphia offices to join our entry-level Paralegal program. This team will report to our Corporate & Securities (C&S) practice group with assignments focusing in Mergers & Acquisitions, Private Equity, Leveraged Finance, Capital Markets, and Corporate law. Ideal candidates will have a demonstrated interest in pursuing a career in the legal sector with the intention of continuing to law school. Dechert’s entry-level paralegals benefit from intensive training including access to junior associate educational programs, informal coaching and feedback, annual performance reviews, and exposure to a large corporate law firm environment. This is an opportunity for in-depth professional growth for a select group of hard-working individuals, eager to develop their professional careers. Significant overtime hours will be expected, as dictated by the needs of the firm.
We offer a flexible hybrid work environment. We ask our professionals to spend at least half of their time working in-person in the office. We value being together and trust our professionals to plan their schedules to accommodate both business and professional needs.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Assist Senior Paralegals and Associates with filings, closing binders, and preparation of board materials.
• Assist with miscellaneous projects assigned by attorneys, paralegals, and/or practice group managers.
• Communicate regularly with attorneys and more senior paralegals. Ensure timely acknowledgement of receipt of emails.
• Assist with legal research projects as needed.
• Ability to work as part of a group of paralegals or independently on individually assigned tasks.
• Perform administrative duties as necessary for the efficient functioning of the Practice Group, Office and Firm.
• Seek feedback and mentorship from senior paralegals and management.
• Work efficiently to handle multiple tasks effectively
• Foster an atmosphere of teamwork and cooperation.
• Ability to weigh the importance of meeting deadlines and speak up when scheduling conflicts arise.
• Seek out work from attorneys and supervisors when not fully utilized.
• Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field of study required, in addition to relevant coursework, internships, projects, or work experience strongly preferred.
• A demonstrated ability to work in a professional office setting.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills. Demonstrated attention to detail.
• Ability to prioritize and coordinate work and manage competing deadlines.
• Ability to maintain confidential information.
• Ability to think critically and analytically in a pressured environment.
• Strong technology skills and interest in learning law firm specific software.
Dechert LLP is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination. The Firm prohibits unlawful discrimination in any term or condition of employment against any employee or applicant for employment because of the individual’s race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, membership or service in the armed forces, or any other characteristic protected by law.