DCU FinTech Innovation Center – Boston, MA
A DCU FIC Intern’s principal role is to make the DCU FinTech Innovation Center (the “Center”) the best possible experience for its members. You must be able to embody the spirit of our mission – to support and foster FinTech startups. The role requires both a scrappy startup and a professional client services mentality. Financial services or FinTech experience is not required.
You will have the opportunity to wear a few different hats that must work together in order to have a successful outcome. Your will primarily work within the following core functions: Programming (assisting in the organization and execution of curriculum programming); Operations (managing the physical space and the systems and processes that support it); and Marketing (highlighting startup and Center activity through social media).
We are looking for a natural social leader and a disciplined self-starter who can help further develop one of Boston’s premier startup accelerators. The position will provide you with exposure to an extensive network of innovators, institutions, FinTech ecosystem members, and a chance to build relationships with some of Boston’s best new startups.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Driving marketing initiatives under the direction of the Head of Marketing to fruition. These include content development, and the strategic execution of other initiatives to support our startups and the Boston FinTech ecosystem.
- Developing marketing collateral for the Center, and our startups to promote our growth in the community and presence nationwide.
- Monitoring cohort member updates and media to track milestones and accomplishments.
- Developing social media posts under the direction of the Head of Marketing highlighting milestones and accomplishments for both our member startups and Center marketing campaigns.
- Editing and transcribing video content from programming for marketing collateral.
- Gathering testimonials from members.
Depending on the candidates performance there are opportunities for new responsibilities to arise to continue to push the future team members forward.
- Excellent communication, writing, and interpersonal skills.
- An entrepreneurial spirit with a strong sense of ownership, personal drive, and enthusiasm.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize to meet conflicting deadlines.
- Independent work ethic.
- Energetic, outgoing, and positive attitude.
- Ability to work with people in a social working environment.
- Attention to detail, top organizational and analytical skills.
- Excellent record-keeping abilities.
- Willingness to pitch in, roll sleeves up and get dirty!
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Proficiency in shared web-based programs, such as Coda, Google G Suite, AirTable, HubSpot, CRMs, etc.
- Customer service and hospitality experience is a plus.
- Interest or experience in digital products, banking, financial wellness, blockchain/AI, and/or start-ups is a plus.
This is a chance to get plugged into the Boston innovation ecosystem and get exposure to some of the nation’s leading financial technology entrepreneurs.
- Hours and location are flexible.
- 15-20/hours per week
- Immediate start.
About the DCU FinTech Innovation Center
The DCU FinTech Innovation Center (”the Center”), based in Boston, MA, is the leading nonprofit, zero-fee/zero-equity sponsor of fintech startups in New England and bridges the gap between cutting-edge financial technology startups and financial institutions. With a focus on helping startups gain initial customer traction, the Center provides proof-of-concept fintech startups with one year of free mentorship, community, workspace, and access to an extensive fintech-centric network.