Dcode was founded on the belief that technology can improve the way our government operates. Through our tech accelerator, government training courses, and more, we bring together a community of leaders across tech, government, industry, and venture capital to solve the government’s most difficult problems.
Dcode is looking for an experienced and highly motivated Accelerator Business Development Senior Associate to join our growing team in support of Dcode’s startup accelerator program. Reporting to the Director of Technology Scouting, you will lead the identification and recruitment of venture-backed tech companies for our accelerator program, focused on de-risking their market entry into the federal sector.
Our ideal candidate will have experience in sales enablement and business development targeting venture-backed tech startups. We’re looking for strong candidates with a passion for improving our sales operations, supporting several strategic GTM activities and strengthening our sales pipeline. You are a well-organized self-starter with superior analytical skills.
Please note: this is an exempt and salaried position
Sales Enablement & Business Development
- Lead the design, development, and implementation of sales enablement tools and tactics to support pipeline growth
- Develop target company lists (across multiple technology areas), outreach strategies, and relevant messaging to drive new Accelerator leads
- Work with Director of Tech Scouting and the tech scouting team to identify and source a pipeline of qualified leads, as well as drive the full sales cycle to attain new, monthly Accelerator business
- Own and manage CRM reporting, including collecting data on all companies targeted
- Execute sales enablement strategies and targeted outreach (including email campaigns, video calls, in-person meetings etc.)
- Work closely with the rest of the tech scouting team to manage companies through the sales process and contract signing
- Work with Dcode’s marketing team to connect inbound leads and manage funnels
- Present and demonstrate the value of Dcode programs to tech company leadership and venture capital firms
You’ll learn something new every day in this role, and no two days will look exactly the same. We’ll teach you the ropes but ideal candidates will have:
- 2-3 years of relevant work experience in a sales enablement or business development role targeting venture backed startups
- Passion and Curiosity: you love working with (and learning about) cutting edge technologies and care deeply about the impact they can have on making government programs more efficient and impactful
- Independent Performer: you “bring your own jet pack” to work with strong drive and high standards for execution and customer satisfaction
- Entrepreneurial Mindset: You’re excited about building a robust sales enablement strategy, are unafraid to offer suggestions, seek others’ perspectives, and make improvements to processes to improve our business
- Fast-Paced Learner: ability to absorb large amounts of information quickly and make informed decisions based on current business needs
- High Attention to Detail: focused on organization and ensuring our pipeline, targets and engagement strategies are accurate
- Communication Skills: you have strong verbal and written communication skills and can confidently present ideas to stakeholders in professional settings
- Professional Problem-Solver: when faced with a business problem, you develop creative and effective solutions that deliver positive results for the business
- Team Player: you are excited to collaborate with a diverse group of Dcoders to efficiently complete cross-functional initiatives
Preferred qualifications for this role include:
- Experience at a government technology reseller or a services company targeting venture-backed startups
- Familiarity with challenges associated with emerging tech product companies pursuing the federal market
- Ability to manage, ideate, and execute a variety of sales strategies, market segmentation, and targeting across a range of tech domains simultaneously
- Ability to coordinate inbound lead generation with Dcode’s Marketing Team
- Demonstrated ability to get up to speed quickly on emerging technology topics in a fast-paced environment
You’ll love it here if you value a culture that is:
- Fast paced and exciting
- Diverse and inclusive
- Energetic and fun
- Transparent and supportive
- Mission-driven and collaborative
We look for resilient hustlers:
Our CEO busted her face on the balance beam in college and got back up… our CSO has knocked on a thousand doors… rejected 999 times and kept on knocking. What is your story? Please provide a few short sentences on your resilient hustler story.
This role will be best for exceptional candidates who are interested in getting a front row seat to the intersection of tech and government. You’ll fit right in if you bring a jet pack of motivation, strong organizational skills, an appetite for changing the world, and a track record of success.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Dcode believes in diversity as strength. We provide equal opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, marital status, or other.