DataSeer is a software company based in Houston, TX. Our software empowers some of the largest global engineering companies on their digital journey by automating data extraction from industrial diagrams into digital twin creation. Our journey began in 2017 when we applied the latest advances in Machine Learning and Computer Vision to the classic engineering problem of interpreting and extracting information from technical diagrams. As our product and customer base grew, we spun the product into an independent software company in January 2021.
Our team members are passionate about being part of a company that can solve hard problems and create innovative solutions. We believe in a fun environment, where our people can be fearless and feel empowered to always do the right thing. We come from many different backgrounds including academia, industry, big tech, and startups. We look for smart, creative thinkers with a player-coach mindset who can wear multiple hats and contribute to the company’s exciting future!
We are looking for a Senior Data Scientist to join our Engineering team and lead the Data Science development of our flagship B2B Enterprise SaaS product.
As a Senior Data Scientist, you will be a core member of the team delivering innovative features that leverage the latest in Computer + Machine Learning technologies in order to revolutionize how technical diagrams are processed in engineering industries.
You will work with amazing colleagues from Product, Design, Customer Success & other engineers to brainstorm new ideas and develop models & algorithms to solve challenging high-impact problems.
- Design Computer Vision + Machine Learning algorithms, models and mechanisms in large-scale production systems and assess solutions performance with statistical analysis
- Implement, deploy, manage & monitor model and algorithm performance
- Collaborate with Product, Design, Customer Success and other engineers to deliver innovative features that leverage learning in our human-in-the-loop SaaS
- Masters in Computer Science, Machine Learning or similar field
- 4+ years of real-world experience with product development, deployment, and monitoring
- 4+ years of Machine Learning model development
- 4+ years of experience in Computer Vision
- 4+ years of experience in Python, SQL
- Experience with PyTorch, TensorFlow or any major ML framework
Desired additional experience/skills
Experience in any of the following is a plus:
- PhD is a plus
- Azure, AWS or GCP
- Startup experience in SaaS ML products
- Local learning, real-time learning, ensemble learning
- ML models in production
- Software engineering
- A values-driven company with an inclusive and autonomous culture
- Highly talented and dedicated colleagues
- Opportunity to work with cutting edge technology
- Regular team building activities
- Competitive salary and participation in the employee stock option program
- Benefits plan including 401k retirement plan
Remote (must work Central Time hours)