Imagine New Horizons
We are part of the SIMULIA Brand within the Dassault Systemes organization. SIMULIA is responsible for the 3D Simulation (Virtual Prototyping) Technology within DS, including the development of Abaqus, TOSCA, fe-safe, Simpack, PowerFLOW, Xflow, CST Studio Suite.
Are you interested in the tire revolution that is unfolding to support CASE (Connected, Autonomous, Shared, and Electric)?
The Industrial Equipment (IE) Experience Management (EM) team at SIMULIA is responsible for the development and the deployment of industry-focused processes and workflows at our IE customers. As a team of industry experts, we identify our customer needs for design performance assessment, and we translate these needs into the development of 3DEXPERIENCE solutions, which provide technical & business value to our IE customers. In this organization, the Tire Engineering and Tire Vehicle Simulation team specifically focuses on solutions for Tire and Vehicle OE’s that supply high-performance products to the race, passenger, motorcycle, aircraft, truck, bus, OTR and agricultural markets, with an increased focus on Electric Vehicles.
As a Solution Consultant Intern, you will be part of the Tire Engineering and Tire Vehicle Simulation Team, helping to develop workflows that support Tire-Terrain interactions and Tire-Vehicle loading conditions. Moreover, you will have the opportunity to contribute to a technical paper that will have worldwide visibility.
This is a paid six-month internship located in the Dassault Systemes, West Lafayette Office located @ Purdue University with a flexible start date. We may consider a remote work location or another DS office, as necessary.
Do you have dreams? Do you enjoy a challenge? Here at Dassault Systèmes, we empower people with passion to change the world. Shape your career with 3DS! #WeAre3DS
What will Your Role Be?
We operate very much like a small start-up within our global organization, so there are opportunities to touch upon various topics, including:
Acquiring the knowledge of SIMULIA tools for our portfolio of solutions for tire and vehicle-mechanics simulation workflows (Abaqus, PowerFLOW, wave6, SimPack, Dymola)
Developing new workflows, validating or extending existing workflows to increase engineering and business value for our customers
Documenting the workflows; generating go-to-market material (presentations videos, animations)
Supporting our field teams with the deployment of the workflows to customers
Interacting with domain teams and R&D for enhancement requests identified for the workflows
In some case, directly supporting customer engagements on newer topics unfamiliar to the rest of the organization.
Your Challenges Ahead
Linking technology to industry applications, and being able to clearly explain the benefits of the approach you’re developing
Working in a multi-cultural, worldwide company organization, which is both a challenging and a positive learning experience
Demonstrating a flexible and curious mindset within our fast-paced and evolving environment
Your Key Technical Success Factors
- Actively enrolled in a Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Degree or PhD program for the duration of the internship
- Minimum cumulative GPA 3.0
- Working either i) WFH or ii) onsite @3DS Auburn Hills, 900 North Squirrel Road, Suite 100 48326 Auburn Hills, United States
- Demonstrate intellectual curiosity
- Demonstrate autonomy and self-motivation
- Possess basic knowledge of Finite Element Methods and CFD simulation
- Demonstrate knowledge of CAE Software knowledge (Abaqus, PowerFLOW, Xflow, CST StudioSuite or SolidWorks Simulation)
- Knowledge of CATIA or SolidWorks is a plus.
- Strong functional use of the Microsoft Office Suite of products
- Ability to work effectively in both a collaborative team structure and independently
- Strong communication skills in English, both oral and written.