We are a global group working to build a more inclusive and sustainable world where all people, everywhere, can reach their fullest potential. We partner with and serve communities, governments, and companies throughout the world, providing an innovative mix of advisory, investment, research, analytics, and design services. Today’s complex global problems require new solutions. Comprised of Dalberg Advisors, Dalberg Data Insights, Dalberg Design, Dalberg Implement, Dalberg Media and Dalberg Research; our businesses approach problems differently and work together to create impact at scale. We are from everywhere, at home anywhere – an African and American company as much as an Asian, Middle Eastern, and European one.
Dalberg is a place where a diverse mix of talented individuals are able to bring their authentic selves to work – whether it’s how you identify, where you come from, the languages you speak, the person you love, the way you worship. Dalberg is a home where people feel safe, understood, nurtured and encouraged to grow.
As a team of 650+ people from 55 countries, speaking over 90 languages collectively, with nearly 50% female leadership team, Dalberg places diversity, equity and inclusion principles at the heart of our organization and the work we do alongside our clients, partners and communities.
Established in 2001 by experienced private sector consultants, Dalberg operates from 30 worldwide locations. For more information, please visit Dalberg.
You aspire to contribute to global development by tackling global issues, from malnutrition to climate change to economic growth, ensuring no population is left behind. You enjoy collaborating with teams while traveling and working across continents and cultures. You excel in quantitative and qualitative problem-solving, and you want to put your skills to work –transforming organizations, advising investors, and shaping new initiatives. You are a committed and curious self-starter with an excellent academic record, a passion for development and an entrepreneurial spirit.
Dalberg consultants live and work around the world, creating a network of local experience anchored by our offices in Africa, South Asia, Europe and North America. Dalberg combines ground-level insight with experience from top-tier professional services firms and leading academic institutions to create actionable solutions to the world’s most pressing issues.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree (earned or expected to be earned in 2022)
- Excellent academic record
- Strong analytical abilities, both quantitative and qualitative
- Ability to present information in an insightful and structured manner, both written and oral
- Demonstrated ability to bring big ideas to life, build impact-oriented enterprises, and lead teams to accomplish ambitious goals
- Understanding of the political and cultural environments of international organizations or environments of international organizations or development and social impact issues (through internships, volunteerism, coursework, or other experience)
In addition, if you have skills or abilities in the following areas, please be sure to let us know in your application:
- Fluency in foreign languages
- Mastery in Excel and/or PowerPoint
- Experience with financial analysis and/or statistics
- In-depth knowledge topics related to Dalberg’s work
- Demonstrated ability to innovate new programs, ideas or initiative
WHAT YOU WILL DO AND HOW YOU WILL GROW
Analysts are our front lines of research, analysis, and presentation – building the team’s knowledge base around the topic at hand. As those who dive deepest into the issues, Analysts think critically and creatively to develop insights based on their findings from the research process. They gain a broad knowledge base that cuts across sectors and geographies while serving as the core of every project’s work. For example, recent Analysts have created a macro-economic plan for the Government of Ethiopia to accelerate industrial growth, designed a major foundation’s strategy to control sleeping sickness in Democratic Republic of the Congo and neighboring countries, and launched a new impact investment fund for agriculture in Nigeria. Through these and other projects, Analysts have traveled to a diverse range of countries including Ecuador, Ethiopia, Morocco, Philippines, Tanzania, and China.
Dalberg is a platform for change. Our staff are empowered to start new programs, institute best practices, and develop traditions that will define the Dalberg experience for years to come. Innovation and entrepreneurship are not only valued at Dalberg; they are essential to our firm’s success. In addition to providing training, management-level advising, and mentoring, we empower consultants to learn by doing, engaging them as full members of project teams from day one.
The Analyst Internship Program, which is 12 weeks long, is a precursor to full-time employment at the Analyst or Associate Consultant level at Dalberg Advisors. As an Intern, you will get the opportunity to better understand what it would be like to work at Dalberg full time, and we will have the opportunity to get to know you.
ABOUT OUR CLIENTS
Our clients come to us with some of the most difficult global problems, seeking solutions where the obvious ones have failed. We are entrepreneurs and innovators, designers and creative problem solvers, thinkers, and doers who supply new ideas, drawing from a deep base of knowledge that cuts across sectors and geographies and is growing every day. We partner with and serve communities, governments, and companies throughout the world. Some of our recent clients include foundations such as the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, corporations such as Pepsi and Vodafone, multilateral institutions such as the World Bank and the Inter-American Development Bank, UN Agencies such as UNICEF and the UNEP, and government agencies such as DFID and the Ethiopian Agricultural Transformation Agency.
JOIN OUR TEAM
Our current opportunities are in Geneva and London.
Please submit your application at our Career Centre, by 11:59 PM EST on 07 November 2021.
Your application should include a resume noting GPA, British Class system, and/or ECTS grades/scores if applicable, a cover letter, transcripts, and a written response (limited to 500 words) that answers ONE of the following questions. The intention of this writing exercise is for us to get a sense of your writing style, as well as what most excites you. Please note that this written response should not require any additional research or preparation and should not take you more than one hour to complete.
- What is an innovation for ending poverty that you think is currently under-utilized?
- Working at Dalberg, you will get to advise leaders of large NGOs, international companies, and government agencies on what they should do to more effectively end poverty. What messages would you like to bring to these leaders and why?
- Describe a specific instance where you had to overcome a challenge to achieve your personal or professional goals. What have you learned from this, etc.?
- The Analyst Internship position is a 12-week paid internship with the opportunity for full-time employment at the Analyst level after. Though, candidates with a minimum of one year of work experience in a related field and subject to performance on the internship can be considered for a full-time Associate Consultant role at the end of the internship
- Start dates are flexible, though expected for early 2022
- Candidates selected for interviews will be invited for 3 to 4 rounds of interviews to test problem-solving and conceptual thinking skills through consulting case questions, and to discuss interests and experience
- Interviews are expected to be held on the 18th of November and 25th of November, with final-round interviews the week of 6th December
- Visa sponsorship is available to all candidates wishing to apply to our London office. Positions in Dalberg’s Geneva office are contingent on the candidate having the requisite authorization to live and work in Switzerland. In every case, please ensure to specify the country where you have work authorization on your CV.
- This is an opportunity relevant only for candidates who have not already interviewed with Dalberg’s Advisory positions in the past year.
For further information about the role or application process, please contact email@example.com