Schedule is Monday-Friday, 12:45pm-9:15pm EST.
In office position once COVID restrictions are lifted onsite Austin, TX or Hartford, CT. Internal remote employees may apply and continue to work remote.
No nights, and no weekends. Holidays are on a volunteer basis.
The WorkLife Consultant (WLC) is part of the WorkLife Team and provides consultation, assessment and resource referrals to a variety of customers for a variety of needs including child care, elder/adult care, and basic/everyday needs.
The WLC is responsible for providing WorkLife consultation and informational services to members and plan sponsors. The most frequent requests received are for child care/children with special needs, elder/adult care, basic/everyday needs, and mental health. Due to expanded business, elder care is the top requested need. The WLC assesses needs, proposes options and researches/screens potential community service providers to meet the assessed needs. Provides resource referrals, and coaches individuals on how to use resources to handle various life and work situations. Appropriately documents member interactions and research/case fulfillment in the system. Works in a call center environment and completes outbound phone calls and research in between taking calls from the inbound queue. Not all calls will be research/referral oriented. Some calls may be more administrative or customer service oriented. Additional responsibilities assigned based on business need.
1+ years experience in social work, social services or related field is required (ex. case management, psych, medical setting, clinical, discharge planning).
Experience with doing assessments and locating/referring to community resources is required.
Excellent computer skills.
Ability to work in a fast paced, team-oriented telephonic call center environment.
– Experience delivering care or crisis intervention
– Experience in handling family situations and/or relationship concerns
– Knowledge and/or experience in Employee Assistance Programs
– Experience working with diverse populations
– Excellent computer skills including MS Office applications such as Excel, Word and Outlook.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
CVS Health requires its Colleagues in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.
- If you are vaccinated, you are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status within the first 30 days of your employment. For the two COVID-19 shot regimen, you will be required to provide proof of your second COVID-19 shot within the first 60 days of your employment. Failure to provide timely proof of your COVID-19 vaccination status will result in the termination of your employment with CVS Health.
- If you are unable to be fully vaccinated due to disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or religious belief, you will be required to apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 30 days of your employment in order to remain employed with CVS Health. As a part of this process, you will be required to provide information or documentation about the reason you cannot be vaccinated. If your request for an accommodation is not approved, then your employment may be terminated.
-Spanish speaking preferred
-Experience/knowledge Elder Care
Bachelor’s degree required
At Aetna, a CVS Health company, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We are committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive workplace. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, age, disability or protected veteran status. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.