The Support Analyst ensures the Curry community (administration, faculty, staff, students, and parents) gets the most out of technology systems and services in support of teaching, learning, administration, and student life. The Support Analyst provides exceptional customer service in addition to technical support. Support Analysts must build and maintain strong working relationships within the Curry community, which plays a critical role in the success of the Information Technology Services department.
With a customer service focus and empathetic nature, the Support Analyst provides customers with solutions for their incidents and service requests, using personal experience and technical knowledge, service desk knowledgebase, advice from department colleagues, and information from other reliable sources. Using both problem-solving and customer support skills, Support Analysts should resolve customers’ requests on first contact and maintain ownership of requests to completion, especially when follow-up is needed. Customer incidents and requests should be escalated to department colleagues and third-party vendors, as needed, to ensure both timely and complete resolutions. The Support Analyst builds and maintains customer trust within the community using expert technical advice, exceptional customer service skills, and complete follow through until request resolution.
Curry College fosters a teaching and learning environment. As part of the role, the Support Analyst will keep their technical and customer skills current according to industry standards, department policies, and community needs. In addition, the Support Analyst will cross-train with department colleagues and mentor Student Support Analysts assigned to the department as student workers and/or student academic interns.
1. Customer Service:
- Promote team and department culture of providing exceptional customer service and technical support through frequent communication, prompt support, meeting deadlines, and delivering positive experiences;
- Maintain an effective and positive two-way communications between the Information Technology Services department and the Curry community.
2. General Responsibilities:
- Encourage customer feedback and share with department leadership, to ensure continuous quality improvement of services;
- Use IT service management system to document, categorize, prioritize, and communicate customer incidents and service requests within department and with customer;
- Responsible for tasks and systems outlined in Enterprise Support RASCI matrix;
- Provide complete solutions and escalate requests to appropriate team members or third-party vendors as needed to resolve customer incidents and requests;
- Empower customer independence by encouraging the use of Service Desk knowledgebase, online training, vendor specific materials, and other self-help resources;
- Implement decisive action appropriate to the role; assesses needs and concerns of the workplace environment to address current/future challenges and community needs;
- Uphold security standards according to industry best practices and Curry policies.
3. Responsibilities (Tier 1):
Applies basic skills while developing some specialized skills in procedures, operations, techniques, tools, materials, and/or equipment appropriate to area of specialization; performs routine and/or repetitive tasks; limited decision making required; generally works under close supervision; has no or limited experience; work is performed from within specific limits of established procedures and/or defined instructions.
The Tier I analyst gather the customer’s information and to determine the customer’s issue by analyzing the symptoms and figuring out the underlying problem. When analyzing the symptoms, it is important for the technician to identify what the customer is trying to accomplish so that time is not wasted on attempting to solve a symptom instead of a problem. Once identification of the underlying problem is established, the analyst can begin sorting through the possible solutions available.
Support Analyst typically handle straightforward and simple problems while possibly using knowledge management tool. This includes troubleshooting methods such as verifying physical layer issues, resolving username and password problems, onboarding issues, verification of proper hardware and software set up, and assistance with navigating around application menus.
Personnel at this level have a basic understanding of the product or service and may not always contain the competency required for solving complex issues. Nevertheless, the goal for this group is to handle 70%-80% of the user problems before finding it necessary to escalate the issue to a higher level.
4. Professional Development:
- Develop personal training plan to enhance customer service, technical, analytical, and business skills (i.e. organization, task and project management) needed for role;
- Cross train with team members to improve and expand everyone’s skill sets thus allowing more efficient and effective delivery of technology services to the community;
- Supervise Support Analysts (students) including, but not limited to, providing regular training, scheduling shifts, hiring, giving feedback on performance, and providing backup support.
5. Policies and Procedures:
- Maintain confidentiality, integrity, and availability of the network, systems and data;
- Comply with federal and state regulations, college policies, department policies, and related procedures; Recommend updates to all as needed.
- Respect and maintain confidentiality, parameters of operation, professional protocols, and individual privacy;
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor or his/her designee.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Flexibility to regularly rotate through different technical specialties and skill sets;
- Ability to thrive on change as products, systems, services, and processes evolve;
- Proven ability to perform well under stress when confronted with emergency, critical, or unusual customer requests and/or situations.
Other Requirements of the Job:
- 1-3 years of related experience;
- Exceptional communication, collaboration, organizational, and time management skills;
- The ability to multi-task, prioritize, and independently manage a changing workload in a wide variety of settings and situations;
- Required to work (and/or be on-call) evenings and weekends;
- May need to use personal car to transport equipment and drive between campuses.
- Previous experience in higher education;
- 1 or more years of related experience directly in Technical Customer Support Services;
- Certifications: Support Center Analyst (HDI) Help Desk Institute; Windows 10, Office 365 (MCSA) Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate; Apple Certified; Support Professional (ACSP); A+ (CompTIA).
Committed to attracting and retaining a diverse staff, Curry College will honor your experiences, perspectives and unique identity. Together, our community strives to create and maintain working and learning environments that are inclusive, equitable and welcoming.
At the College’s discretion, the education and experience prerequisites may be excepted where the candidate can demonstrate, to the satisfaction of the College, an equivalent combination of education and experience specifically preparing the candidate for success in the position.
Employment in this position is contingent upon the successful completion of all required pre-employment background checks.
Inquiries about the application of Title IX can be directed to the College’s Title IX Coordinator, Rachel King at Rachel.firstname.lastname@example.org, (617) 979-3516, or King Academic Administration Building, 55 Atherton St, or US Department of Education, Office of Civil Rights (“OCR”) – Boston Office, 5 Post Office Square, 8th Floor, Boston, MA 02109-3921, (617) 289-0111.
Please apply online at https://www.curry.edu/about-us/community-resources/employment/job-opportunities for consideration. Interested applicants must submit the following:
- a cover letter;
- a resume; and
- a list of three professional references, one of which must be a former or current supervisor, including complete contact information and professional titles.