CSX Procurement Internship
CSX is laser focused on how tomorrow moves, and we are looking for talented candidates to jump on board to help us get there. Our internship programs are a great way to gain first-hand experience about our company, our culture and the significant impact we make on the American economy. An internship at CSX will challenge and stretch you, give you the opportunity to develop as a professional, and decide if our Fortune 500 company is where you could see yourself beginning a rewarding career.
Procurement Interns are placed within the Procurement Department for a 10 week immersion in CSX methods and culture. Individuals complete challenging assignments that improve decision-making and financial performance. Procurement internships provide an opportunity for candidates to experience what a role in corporate Procurement looks like, while allowing CSX to actively recruit tomorrow’s best talent.
Anticipated start summer of 2022
Primary Activities and Responsibilities:
Individuals play a key role in completing identified Procurement projects such as
- Cultivate relationships with business partners to analyze marketing, operating, and capital projects to understand economic tradeoffs and help make real-time business decisions.
- Provide analytical support for operations reviews, resource allocations, and financial valuations.
- Help guide the development of short- and long-term strategies for supply chain and procurement of resources.
- Help develop and utilize procurement strategies to quantify benefits and drive sound, fact-based economic decisions.
- Consult and communicate analyses through presentations to senior management in the department and business partners from other departments.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be currently attending and enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree program in Supply Chain, Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Economics, or a related major field of study from an accredited institution.
- Must have at least a 3.0 grade point average in the major field of study for the highest degree
Knowledge and Skills:
- Academic distinction with procurement and supply chain interest/talent.
- Proven leadership ability and initiative.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and influencing skills.
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations to a senior level audience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Communicate effectively with senior leadership/executive audiences
- Work within established deadlines
- Willing and able to work days and hours as assigned
- Successfully complete a background check and drug test
- Work inside an office environment