We are recruiting Field Engineers for projects throughout the US (primarily on the East Coast). The Field Engineer works with the Project Team and our Field Management to construct a safe and quality project, while beating the estimate budgets, improving the total Operating Profit margin over the original bid, and building a strong customer relationship.
This position is responsible for assisting the Assistant Project Manager with shop drawings, submittals, scheduling of subcontractors and materials, meetings, as-built drawings, job cost, procurement and field operations.
This entry level position helps prepare an individual for opportunities in Project Engineering, Project Management, Superintendent, Estimating and other career paths within the organization. The Field Engineer will be assigned to our projects nationally (primarily in the North East and South East) and must be open to working 100% onsite at our construction site.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Complies with safety procedures/policies and addresses and/or elevates non-compliance among all employees, subcontractors, and vendors.
- Participates in the daily Task Safety Awareness and weekly Safety Meetings.
- Supports the Quality personnel and the project through the use of the Quality Management System.
- Properly tracks quantities on a daily basis and reconciles them each month for payment purposes.
- Manages/reviews all foremen’s reports daily to ensure all information is properly recorded before any income, cost, or inventory entry.
- Documents all Time and Material operations on a capture sheet and reconciles with the client on a daily basis
- Takes two site walks a day to communicate with and learn from Foreman and Superintendents about current operations.
- Participates in relevant daily huddles to ensure the projects are expeditiously and profitably constructed.
- Establishes excellent working and professional relationships with the clients and their representatives and/or field inspectors.
- Assists the buyout process, writes the requisition, and communicates all required information to the Project Team. Negotiates the best deal for cost, quality, and delivery using the company buyout procedure.
- Produces complete purchase orders after the conditions are approved by the Project Manager.
- Knows the key operational details of the subcontract and holds the subcontractors accountable to their agreement. Attends the subcontractor coordination meetings to provide updates to schedules, drawings, and specifications.
- Produces and manages project submittals, shop drawings, and material certifications (submittal log or Expedition) so all are submitted and approved prior to the start of work.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Construction Management or related field; Excellent Academic Credentials (GPA of 3.0 or higher) required
- Working Knowledge of MS Word, Excel, P3 Primavera, HCSS and Expedition software
- Basic knowledge of estimating, engineering, cost tracking systems and site surveying
- Must have demonstrated exceptional leadership skills and organizational skills
- Previous internship in solar and/or construction management highly desired
- Excellent teamwork, communication, and people skills a must
- Solid time management skills with the ability to multi-task and work in a fast
- Must be open to 100% travel to project sites /or relocation
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- The employee will be required to work indoors and outdoors in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry conditions. Use of personal protective equipment to prevent exposure to weather, hazards, and powered equipment is required
*All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment must take a pre-employment drug test and receive a negative result as a condition of hire.
* Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis
* CS Energy does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters and/or third parties in response to our job postings. Any unsolicited resumes become property of CS Energy and we reserve the right to pursue and hire any such candidate.
About CS Energy
CS Energy is an industry-leading renewable energy firm that develops, designs, and builds optimized projects in solar, energy storage, and emerging energy industries, with over 1.3 GW of solar and 300 MWh of energy storage projects installed across the US. CS Energy leverages strong relationships with solar developers, IPPs, utilities, off-takers, suppliers, and landowners to help our customers streamline the project development process, lower project costs, and create value for all stakeholders. Owned by American Securities, a leading US private equity firm, CS Energy has an experienced and committed management team and robust financial backing that enables us to be a trusted and long-term partner for our customers.
CS Energy has achieved its success through attracting and retaining highly talented and motivated people who are passionate about the company’s success. We celebrate diversity in all areas of our company and are very committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Some of our recent notable team achievements are:
- Nations #1 commercial solar installer (Wood Mackenzie 2020)
- Nation’s #10 solar EPC company (Solar Power World 2020 & 2021)
- Best Places to work in New Jersey Award recipient (NJBIZ 2020)
- Excellence Awards in safety for the past four years (Annual Governor’s Occupational Safety and Health Awards Program)
- Entrepreneur of the Year, Matthew Skidmore (Ernst & Young 2020)
CS Energy is an equal opportunity employer.