The Electrical Engineer will be working with our Post-Sales Engineering and Operations teams to design high-quality and efficient solar PV systems. The Electrical Engineer will play an integral and active role in helping CS Energy execute in-house projects. Responsibilities include review of solar energy system designs; interconnection design and equipment selection; energy production analysis; engineering support during construction, system commissioning and troubleshooting; evaluating future technologies, BESS review and installation; and developing internal intellectual property products and offerings.
The Electrical Engineer should not only be a great engineer, but also an effective communicator and team player. The position will require superior cross-functional skills including close coordination with CS Energy’s pre-sales, business development, operations, and commissioning teams in addition to interfacing with customers and other project stakeholders.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Review electrical design packages for solar PV systems that meet all contractual, code, and permitting requirements
- Review switchgear and all MV equipment related to interconnection
- Develop proper relay settings
- Develop single-line and three-line diagrams with required electrical details for solar PV systems in accordance with NEC, IEEE, NESC, utility interconnection tariffs and requirements, and local AHJ as necessary
- Attend meetings with clients, State and local permitting authorities, subcontractors, and vendors regarding engineering and technical issues related to the solar PV system
- Coordinate and obtain SCADA designs for solar PV systems from third party monitoring companies
- Strong working knowledge in single phase and three phase low and medium voltage power distribution equipment selection and specification
- Strong working knowledge in performing power system protection and coordination studies
- Experience in power quality site analysis and remediation
- Experience in creating relay files for upload and testing
- Experience in power distribution equipment acceptance testing activities involving control system checks, protective devices and schemes, grounding systems, regulators, electrical transformers, circuit breakers
- Experience with technical specification writing on general power equipment and engineering design
- A 4-year degree in Engineering (Electrical or Mechanical preferred)
- 4 or more years design, design/build, or EPC field
- Experience in MV distribution
- Experience performing power system protection and coordination studies
- Proficiency in AutoCAD
- Proficiency in ETAP
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Excellent Communication skills
- Strong ability to multi-task and prioritize deliverables
*All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment must take a pre-employment drug test and receive a negative result as a condition of hire.
* Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis
* CS Energy does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters and/or third parties in response to our job postings. Any unsolicited resumes become property of CS Energy and we reserve the right to pursue and hire any such candidate.
About CS Energy
CS Energy is an industry-leading renewable energy firm that develops, designs, and builds optimized projects in solar, energy storage, and emerging energy industries, with over 1.3 GW of solar and 300 MWh of energy storage projects installed across the US. CS Energy leverages strong relationships with solar developers, IPPs, utilities, off-takers, suppliers, and landowners to help our customers streamline the project development process, lower project costs, and create value for all stakeholders. Owned by American Securities, a leading US private equity firm, CS Energy has an experienced and committed management team and robust financial backing that enables us to be a trusted and long-term partner for our customers.
CS Energy has achieved its success through attracting and retaining highly talented and motivated people who are passionate about the company’s success. We celebrate diversity in all areas of our company and are very committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Some of our recent notable team achievements are:
- Nations #1 commercial solar installer (Wood Mackenzie 2020)
- Nation’s #10 solar EPC company (Solar Power World 2020)
- Best Places to work in New Jersey Award recipient (NJBIZ 2020)
- Excellence Awards in safety for the past four years (Annual Governor’s Occupational Safety and Health Awards Program)
- Entrepreneur of the Year, Matthew Skidmore (Ernst & Young 2020)
CS Energy is an equal opportunity employer.
CS Energy has great benefits. We provide medical, dental and vision. Life insurance, 401(k) matching plan, EAP, wellness programs and many other optional programs are offered as well.