Emerging Leader Intern (Summer 2022)
Explore your options here.
DISCO is committed to helping you find the ‘sweet spot’ where your strengths, interests and purpose align. We’re making careers possible, and that means equipping every DISCOvian with the one-to-one guidance, support, skills and career options to contribute to a variety of projects, teams, and departments. We’re bringing this vision to life, and launching a new program designed to grow the top early career professionals into our future leaders and executives.
If you’re driven to make an impact, motivated to continually learn and grow, and are known for your entrepreneurial spirit, then DISCO is the right place for you! Join the inaugural class of the Emerging Leader Intern Program as a DISCO Intern and launch your career at a high-growth company whose mission is to use technology to strengthen the rule of law.
As a DISCO Intern, you’ll quickly build and apply business, legal, leadership and technical expertise to real world problems and projects. Working alongside top legal minds, entrepreneurs, and technologists, you’ll make a meaningful impact while deepening your skills with one-to-one attention from our leaders and coaches. DISCO’s ELIP is a launchpad for emerging leaders in technology.
In ELIP, you will:
- Join a diverse cohort of top achievers to explore DISCO and the field of legal technology
- Build capabilities through Camp DISCO and apply your skills to a structured working rotation in the business, supported by a specially trained people manager
- Receive frequent 1×1 attention in the form of feedback, coaching and career development
- Complete a cohort project, with executive feedback and sponsors from the business
Find a mission that matters.
Law affects everyone, from the largest multinational corporations to local mom-and-pop businesses, from the most powerful national governments to the smallest towns and from major civic organizations to individual citizens. However, the legal industry has lagged behind other industries in digitization and cloud technology adoption. The opportunity to innovate through legal technology can be quantified not only in billions of dollars, but in life-changing experiences for attorneys, freed from mundane tasks and able to fully do what they went to law school for.
As the impact of law on the business world grows, joining DISCO is an opportunity to do meaningful work with an enormous positive impact on society. We believe that great achievements come from aiming great people at big problems; and “Discovians” are the principal driver of our success. Our commitment to creating an environment where all people feel welcome and connected regardless of their backgrounds, along with our MAGIC culture and values (Meaningful impact, All-in, Grit and grace, Innovation and Craft) shape the way we treat each other, serve our customers, and give back to our community.
What You’ll Do
- Acceptance into the program is a rigorous two-way process designed to attract and retain top talent with the best likelihood of long-term success at DISCO.
- Overview: The ELIP is an eight week program in summer 2022 with structured learning, a rotational work experiences, a capstone project, and ongoing learning and career development. At the end of the program, successful interns will be offered a post-graduation, full-time position with DISCO, and entry into the Emerging Leaders Rotation Program – a multi-year development journey that accelerates Associates to a ‘lead’ role.
- Structured learning: Begin your journey in DISCO University, where business leaders and professors equip you with the knowledge and skills you need to thrive in your working rotation. During your downtime, you will get to know Austin and your colleagues through teambuilding and social events.
- Rotational work experiences: Spend seven weeks learning the basics of our business in a working rotation, completing real work as part of a team, with the guidance, direction and feedback of a manager who is specially trained to bring out the best in our new hires. You’ll learn the ropes and master your craft through frequent 1x1s, feedback, and on the job coaching.
- Ongoing learning and career development: Throughout your rotation, you’ll continue to participate in ongoing learning sessions, and will take and debrief assessments with a career coach, trained to help you identify your strengths and career ambitions, and take concrete steps to pursue them.
- Project work: Interns participate in a real-world capstone project focused on addressing a critical issue or opportunity. Teams present their solutions to the CEO and executive team, and receive developmental feedback designed to increase their skills and motivation.
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from a top-ranked university
- Graduation dates between January 2023 and June 2023. (The first cohort of this program starts in June 2022.)
- 3.5 GPA or above preferred
- Collaborative mindset
- Ability to quickly grasp new concepts and produce results
- Exceptional problem solving skills
- Highly effective communicator
- Self-directed, and motivated by the chance to continuously learn and grow
- Eager to tackle any challenge
- Passionate about the ability of technology to improve society and lives
Even Better If You Have
- Proven leadership experience
- Hands-on experience with technology (coding, AI, etc.)
- Interest in law
DISCO provides a cloud-native, artificial intelligence-powered legal solution that simplifies ediscovery, legal document review and case management for enterprises, law firms, legal services providers and governments. Our scalable, integrated solution enables legal departments to easily collect, process and review enterprise data that is relevant or potentially relevant to legal matters.
In 2020, 171 law firms in the 2020 AmLaw 200 used DISCO in the course of legal work on behalf of their clients. More than 800 enterprises, law firms, legal services providers and government organizations are DISCO customers.
Are you ready to revolutionize the practice of law? Join us!
Perks of DISCO
- Open, inclusive, and fun environment
- Benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, as well as 401(k) (EU coming soon)
- Competitive salary plus stock options
- Flexible PTO
- Opportunity to be a part of a company that is revolutionizing the legal industry
- Growth opportunities throughout the company
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.