Crown is the world leader in oil seed extraction technology, refining plants, and equipment serving global customers from its locations in the Americas, Europe, and Asia. Our passion to deliver superior quality, superior-value processing systems and technologies made us a preferred partner to the agricultural industry and beyond.
Under general direction, the Design Engineer I is responsible for multiple projects with the primary focus of equipment design and fabrication drawings, process engineering, including project support, startup support; ensuring accuracy, neatness, and conformance to policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide equipment and process design from concept through to startup and operation on multiple projects by meeting project timelines, minimizing project costs, assuring proper equipment and process design and specifications of purchased components, generating and checking equipment fabrication drawings, and having thorough documentation; ensure accuracy, neatness, and conformance to policies and procedures.
- Travel as required to support project execution. Provide technical, field assistance and/or training for customers in maintenance, installation, startup and operation of Extraction and connected processes. May also include fabrication inspection.
- Perform various engineering calculations and analyses related to process design and equipment sizing and selection.
- Provide engineering support to customers, and to the Sales, R&D, and Aftermarket teams for the Extraction processes.
- Respond to requests and work integrally with internal and external customers to provide efficient designs to meet project requirements.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
QUALIFICATION AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering.
- 0-3 years related experience (Level I)
- Proficient in the following skills:
- Process Flow Diagram creation
- Equipment layout and design
- Demonstrates professional integrity and ethics.
- Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, customers, and vendors.
- Able to read, analyze, and interpret technical and commercial contracts.
- Must be able to communicate in English fluently. Ability to communicate in a second language (European or Asian languages) preferred but not required.
- Good written and verbal communication skills; able to understand and follow oral and written instructions; communicate technical information clearly and concisely.
- Required knowledge in AutoCAD.
- Strong Microsoft office skills.
- Preferred knowledge in Autodesk Inventor, CAD Vault, and Finite Element Analysis (FEA).
- Ability to travel on an as needed basis – domestically or internationally up to 25% of the time, in office and industrial plant environments.