About the Role
CrowdStrike is looking to fill summer 2022 internships with our Data Engineer and Data Science teams, working at the exciting intersection of Machine Learning, Big Data, and Security. You will gain valuable experience in a fast-paced, high-growth environment. CrowdStrike’s cybersecurity data is one-of-a-kind: we process over 500 billion behavioral events per day and have over 2000 terabytes of malware samples in our research repository. We are a diverse and multidisciplinary team, and you’ll have the chance to broaden your horizons by working jointly with a team of Big Data, Machine Learning, and Security domain experts on hard and impactful problems.
As a Data Science Intern you will…
- You will have the opportunity to apply your coding, mathematical and scientific research skills to the bleeding edge of security technology. You’ll be able to leverage large-scale rich data to meaningfully improve our supervised learning models and refine our identification of malicious computer software and behavioral threats.
- Work directly with Sr. Data Scientists, helping to create predictive machine learning models that help detect and stop today’s most sophisticated threats
- Hone your ability to balance detail-oriented research with goal-oriented business objectives
- Implement and experiment with new algorithms and methodologies to help improve our machine learning models
- Automate an visualize analyses, results and processes in our machine learning pipeline
- Key Skills: Analytically minded with completed coursework in linear algebra and statistics or an equivalent knowledge of applied mathematics. Experienced in writing python code to pre-process and analyze data to generate actionable insights. Hands on in your approach to understanding data and learning about new fields. Programming experience in Python, Rust, R, MatLab or Scala to match (preference in that order)
As a Data Engineer Intern you will…
- Learn about machine learning pipelines that process billions of events per hour through the use of containerization, microservices, and distributed architecture
- Work with data science teams that implement machine learning initiatives from static analysis to deep learning project
- Participate in engineering efforts to support R&D and machine learning initiatives
- Understand, provision and maintain new and existing infrastructure
- Gain experience with cutting edge technologies and languages across the entire development stack
- Key Skills: Experienced with Python, Go and basic Git and Linux command line. Familiarity with web services: REST, JSON. Experience in building data pipelines at scale. Python Experience in building out ETL jobs at scale
What you’ll need…
- Currently enrolled at a four university, currently working towards a STEM or CS degree, not graduating earlier than August 2022
- Able to communicate, collaborate, and work effectively in a distributed team.
- Familiarity and experience with Agile process
- Can think about and write high quality code and can demonstrate that capability, be it through job experience, schoolwork, or contributions to community projects.
- Team player – able to communicate, collaborate, and work effectively in a globally distributed team.
- Thirsty for knowledge and do not hesitate to step outside of your comfort zone to learn new technologies, algorithms and concepts
- An independent self-starter who likes to take ownership and independently seeks out new challenges
- Have experience working on very large data sets of sparse high dimensional data and experience in pre-processing and analyzing such data to gain actionable insights
- Comfortable and experienced working in a Linux environment in the AWS cloud
- Good knowledge of CI / CD and associated best practices
- Familiarity with Docker-based development and orchestration
- Contributed to the open source community (GitHub, Stack Overflow, blogging)Prior experience with Spinnaker, Relational DBs, or KV Stores
- Prior experience in machine learning, cybersecurity, or intelligence fields
What You Can Expect:
- Executive Speaker Series & Tech Talks
- Fun socials and give-back events (e.g. virtual trivia, escape rooms, etc.)
- Development workshops to grow your soft and hard skills
- Networking opportunities with fellow interns and CrowdStrikers
- Owning impactful projects that move the company forward
- Working alongside a diverse and global team
- Assigned mentor and continuous feedback
- Participation in our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
- Access to our FalconFit Wellness Program and Employee Assistance Program
- Fun Slack channels (e.g. food, gaming, sports, pets, etc.)
- Paid holidays and 401k matching
Here’s what our previous interns have to say about our program:
- The CrowdStrike Internship Experience (video)
- Intern Testimonials blog post (TBA)
- Our feature on The Internship Show (podcast)
Internship Program Experience Teaser:
- Access to Intern Executive Speaker Series
- Development Workshops
- Fun social and give back events
- Access to company events
- Assigned Mentor
- Continuous feedback
- Paid Holidays and 401k
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats
We are committed to building an inclusive culture of belonging that not only embraces the diversity of our people but also reflects the diversity of the communities in which we work and the customers we serve. We know that the happiest and highest performing teams include people with diverse perspectives that encourage new ways of solving problems, so we strive to attract and develop talent from all backgrounds and create workplaces where everyone feels seen, heard and empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work.
CrowdStrike is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.