Sector Manager, Energy
Role based in New York, NY or San Francisco Bay Area, CA or London, UK
CREO is a NYC-headquartered 501(c)3 public charity with a mission to galvanize capital for climate and sustainability solutions. With a focus on capital markets, CREO works towards transforming the economy into a sustainable system that supports a decarbonized future for all.
CREO is seeking an inquisitive and diligent individual to manage CREO’s programs and services for the energy sector. Coverage includes developing energy-specific programming for members, publishing investor-oriented research primers and analyst notes, and partnering with the deal team for sector-specific deal review and investment facilitation. The scope covers all geographies (Americas, EMEA, APAC) and multiple asset classes, including direct investments in venture, private equity, infrastructure, real assets, and SPVs; listed equities; and emerging fund managers active in both private and public markets.
This unique role will work closely with most members of the CREO team, including CREO’s research and deal teams. The Sector Manager, Energy will report to the Global Head of Research.
Year One Objectives
1. Deliver insights to members on catalytic, leading edge, and mainstream investment energy technology and energy systems through written research via analyst notes, landscape exercises, occasional blog entries and personal briefings with members. Support insights by analyzing quantitative data, following market trends, tracking deals, and personally engaging with experts;
2. Develop 3-5 in-person and online programs including sector updates, topical briefings, and deal discussions to keep members current on the energy sector. Use programs to enhance peer-to-peer learning and foster a collaborative community of practice within the membership;
3. Cultivate a broad network of experts and investors from which to draw information, data, and experience for integration into program and research. Act as an ambassador for CREO at relevant meetings and events;
4. Develop a reputation within the CREO network as a resource who members proactively seek for education and insight on energy technology and systems.
5. Collaborate with the deal team to review high-quality investment ideas illustrative of trends around climate investment.
· Between 3-6 years of work experience incorporating investment research, due diligence, trend analysis, program development, and/or strategic consulting in venture capital, private equity, investment banking, or financial management;
· Demonstration of the ability to handle confidential information with integrity and discretion;
· Fluency in English; fluency in additional languages desirable;
· Knowledge of energy systems as deployed for electricity and industry;
· Experience with climate and/or sustainability investing strategies preferred.
CREO strives to be a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs and job requirements. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Compensation & Benefits
This role will be paid a salary commensurate with experience.
CREO reimburses up to USD $75 monthly for cell phone plans.
CREO offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical coverage with generous employer contributions, retirement benefits with employer contributions after six months of employment, Basic Life AD&D coverage, and a competitive PTO offering.
CREO offers flexible schedules to accommodate personal obligations and/or caregiving responsibilities.
Authorization to work in the United States or the U.K. is required.
More About CREO
To achieve our mission, CREO works with an ecosystem of global stakeholders, including Members (wealth owners, family offices and family enterprises), Affiliate Members (select institutional and corporate investors), and Partners (aligned investors such as pension funds, university endowments, or private equity; government; not-for-profit organizations; and academia).
CREO core activities include:
1. Building Community: build meaningful relationships and foster collaboration among the global pool of active climate and sustainability investors;
2. Building Investor Competence: deliver programs, research products, and services to apply a climate and sustainability lens to all investment strategies;
3. Data Aggregation, Research and Analysis: leverage CREO’s unique access to practitioners’ expertise to develop research products and build a global center of knowledge for applied climate and sustainability finance;
4. Facilitating Investment: Originate, review, share, and facilitate aligned investment opportunities across asset class, sectors and geographies that achieve carbon mitigation, carbon removal, improved management of our ecological systems and resources, and supports circular approaches;
5. Active Leadership: Partner with other leading organizations and increase information flow to optimize coordination between investors, corporations, and institutions.
CREO leads with the intensity of an investment bank and the heart of a foundation. We apply the following organizational values to all facets of our work:
1. Do the right thing: we use good judgment, lead with humility, and act with integrity
2. Never stop exploring: we seek new ideas, people, places, and ways of doing things
3. Act with discipline: we commit to our work, team members and timelines
4. Think big: together, we can do more
5. No BS
6. Be kind
Interested candidates may send a note expressing interest along with a resume to email@example.com.