The ideal candidate considers themselves to have a whole inventory of skill sets, but an optimized load out in front-end visual development. The Illustrator/Concept Designer is doing anything from sketching out new theme ideas to creating finalized presentations for clients or the production team on a regular basis. The Illustrator/Concept Designer plays a large part in the development of a project, and prizes being a top team player just as much as they prize making good art.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage the creative execution of a project in the front and back end of the design process including sketch work, 3D renderings, illustrations, and graphic design file creation.
- Has a diverse style and is comfortable diving into a variety of themes.
- Create environments that draw players into the world.
- Excellent at striking the balance between a visual development artist and production artist.
- Able to collaborate with multiple teams within the company and be a conduit to help execute the clients’ vision.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to convey ideas clearly is a must.
- Basic foundation of drawing, painting, lighting and form.
- Adobe Creative Suite for creating visual presentations as well as creating graphic design files for print and production.
- Recent experience in 3D modeling software is preferred.
- Experience working in Keyshot, Vray, SolidWorks Visualize or other renderers is a plus.
- Google Suite for emails, spreadsheets, presentations, and documents.
Keys to Success
- Artistic design to take an idea or sketch and fully render it in 3D using Solidworks or a graphic illustration program.
- Familiarity with vectors and their use for importing and exporting into other software.
- Working knowledge of construction methods, materials, techniques, and production systems.
- Strong computer skills as they relate to creative programs
- Art degree or design degree
- Portfolio of previous work experience
- Minimum of three (3) years of illustration/design experience
Relatable Job Experience
- Fine Artist
- Graphic Designer
- Concept Artist
- Digital Painter
Pay and Benefits
- Job Type: Full-Time Salary Exempt (40-45 hours weekly)
- Hours: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM Monday through Friday
- Salary: $45,00-55,000 per year depending on experience
- Medical, dental, vision, life, ancillary, & pet insurance coverage opportunities available
- Financial wellness program available
- 401K opportunities available (Standard Safe Harbor Match)
- Generous PTO Plan as well as paternity & maternity time and several paid holidays
Equal Opportunity Employer
Creative Works is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Does this sound like a good fit for you?
If so, please provide an introductory letter to us to help us better understand who you are and why you would like to join our team as well as a resume. Thank you!
Visit us online at https://thewoweffect.com/.
About Creative Works
We create powerful emotions and memories through immersive attractions. We are a full-service theme creator, prop builder, and attractions provider to theme parks, museums, family entertainment centers, restaurants, tourist attractions, and other venues. For over 24 years, we have brought ideas to life with a talented team of designers, sculptors, craftsmen, and artisans, and we are proud to have delivered the WOW Effect to a wide variety of destinations across the globe.
We were just recently named as one of INC 5000’s fastest-growing companies in America three times in a row and are in the top 60 here in Indiana. Inside our walls, you’ll find lots of creative people who are passionate about what they do and make. Every day is different with new challenges. We pride ourselves on creating an amazing culture where our employees can grow professionally and personally. Every company says this, but we can actually prove it!
Our team is one of the secrets of our success. We are artists, craftsmen, dreamers, and managers. Everyone brings something unique to the table and our collective passion, excitement, and attention to detail explain why we exceed our clients’ expectations time and again. We have high expectations for everyone on our team. It’s the only way we can deliver amazing products and services. Our team is passionate, hungry, and always striving for more