Supervises and coordinates activities of workers including receiving, storing, inventorying, pulling, packing and shipping materials, supplies, tools, equipment, and parts, in the warehouse.
Essential Job Functions
- Plans layout of warehouse and other storage areas, considering turnover, size, weight, and related factors of items stored
- Advises employees on care and preservation of items received, stored, and shipped; methods and use of equipment in handling, storing, maintaining, and shipping stock; and related problems
- Determines work procedures, prepares work schedules, and expedites workflow
- Assigns duties and examines work for exactness, neatness, and conformance to policies and procedures.
- Maintains harmony among workers and resolves issues
- Advises and Enforce safety regulations
Other Skills & Abilities
- Quality Management, looks for ways to improve quality
- Leadership, exhibits confidence in self and others
- Planning/Organizing, uses time efficiently
- Dependability, follows instructions, responds to management direction
- Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work
Education & Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Three to four years related experience
- Two to three years supervisory experience required
Certifications and Licenses
- Professional certification may be required in some areas
- Forklift Certified
- Standing/Walking 75% of the time.
- Stand or sit for long periods of time.
- Reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch and frequently required to climb or balance.
- Regularly lift and/or move 50 pounds with hand truck/pallet jack and occasionally lift and/or move 50 pounds by hand.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
This position requires the final candidate to successfully pass an E-Verify Check.
More Information: http://www.dhs.gov/e-verify