Our Summer Internship Program is a 12 week program intended to immerse you into Coyote, the transportation & logistics industry, and give you real business experience and skills that will prepare you for future career endeavors. After initial training, you’ll be paired with a mentor in your department who will coach and develop you as you execute on our commitments to our customers. You will also enjoy robust programming throughout the summer including our Leadership Speaker Series, Lunch & Learns with unique teams, Networking Sessions, and other Professional Development Opportunities.
As a Customer Relations Intern, you will focus on the customer service aspect of our business, helping customers move their inventory in the most cost-effective way by identifying and providing logistics solutions. You will work on a Coyote customer-focused team where you will work alongside operations representatives to help build relationships with customers and support the daily operations of existing customer accounts. You will gain hands-on experience working on challenging, meaningful projects with guidance from your mentor and other members of our team. You will be responsible for growing and maintaining customer accounts by providing outstanding customer service and issue resolution.
Daily Tasks and Responsibilities
- Develop strong relationships with all customer contacts and facilities.
- Manage daily shipments and take responsibility for ensuring that shipments are serviced properly.
- Coordinate and schedule all customer shipments.
- Identify and communicate potential problems to the appropriate parties and provide solutions.
- Prioritize and respond to both internal and external requests in a timely, effective, and professional manner.
- Document and follow existing standard operating processes.
Skills, Characteristics, and Experience
- Undergraduate education at a junior level standing preferred.
- Superior organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize at a high level.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal.
- Capable working independently as well as collaboratively as a team.
- Critical thinking, solutions oriented, and confident decision-making skills.
- Positive and agile in an ever-changing & fast paced environment.
- Eagerness to learn.
- Onsite training and ongoing career development.
- Competitive pay.
- Comprehensive benefits package.
- Internal advancement opportunities for high performers.
- Global opportunities.
- Casual dress & many perks.
- Diverse and Inclusive environment.
- Opportunities to impact the world around you through our 360 sustainability initiatives.
Important Notice to US Applicants:
Coyote is an at-will employer.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please view Equal Opportunity Posters provided by the OFCCP.