Our Summer Internship Program is a 12 week program intended to immerse you into Coyote, the transportation & logistics industry, and give you real business experience and skills that will prepare you for future career endeavors. After initial training, you’ll be paired with a mentor in your department who will coach and develop you into a sales professional. You will also enjoy robust programming throughout the summer including our Leadership Speaker Series, Lunch & Learns with unique teams, Networking Sessions, and other Professional Development Opportunities.
As a Carrier Sales Intern, you’ll focus on the fast-paced brokerage aspect of our business, helping customers move their inventory in the most cost-effective way by identifying and providing personalized logistics solutions all while leveraging our technology and relationships. You will create and manage your individual portfolio of accounts through constant communication with carriers and excellent customer service – both internally and externally. These conversations include, but are not limited to, determining carrier availability, negotiating rates based on market trends, leveraging our technology offerings, and identifying and resolving issues.
Daily Tasks and Responsibilities
- Learn and refine the craft of selling through mentorship and guidance from some of the best sellers in the industry.
- Develop strong relationships with carrier companies through cold calling, lead generation & referrals.
- Leverage Coyote’s technology programs and mobile applications to secure capacity, negotiate rates, book qualified carriers on shipments, ensure exceptional service, make informed decisions, and drive efficiency.
- Identify issues proactively and work cross-functionally to determine the best solution.
- Uphold performance metrics set forth by the department.
- Be an active participant in the Internship Program development opportunities.
Skills, Characteristics, and Experience
- Undergraduate education at a junior level standing preferred.
- Strong work ethic, motivation, and sales drive.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal.
- Capable working independently as well as collaboratively as a team.
- Critical thinking, solutions oriented, and confident decision-making skills.
- Positive and agile in an ever-changing & fast paced environment.
- Eagerness to learn.
- Onsite training and ongoing career development.
- Competitive pay.
- Comprehensive benefits package.
- Internal advancement opportunities for high performers.
- Global opportunities.
- Casual dress & many perks.
- Diverse and Inclusive environment.
- Opportunities to impact the world around you through our 360 sustainability initiatives.
Important Notice to US Applicants:
Coyote is an at-will employer.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please view Equal Opportunity Posters provided by the OFCCP.