As a Sales Representative at Coyote, you will focus on the fast-paced brokerage aspect of our business, helping customers move their inventory in the most cost-effective way by identifying and providing logistics solutions. As you start your sales career with Coyote, you will create and manage your individual portfolio of accounts through constant communication with carriers. These conversations include, but are not limited to, determining carrier availability, negotiating rates based on market trends, and identifying and resolving issues. Additional business is generated through inside sales by way of industry referrals and prospecting while upholding Coyote’s No Excuses® commitment to service.
Sales Representatives will participate in the UPS Peak Project which gives the opportunity to gain hands-on industry experience onsite at one of UPS’s hubs for 6 weeks. In shipping, Peak Season refers to a period of high demand for products, services and shipping capacity from November to the end of December. Long before Coyote became a UPS company, we provided customized solutions to assist UPS with their Winter surge and are still actively doing so today at a much greater scale. The UPS Peak Project helps you as a Sales Representative build strong negotiation skills and internal and external relationships.
The Sales Representative role within the Carrier Sales department is just the beginning of your career at Coyote. After completing our comprehensive training program and UPS Peak Project, you will have the opportunity to grow within brokerage or explore other opportunities within customer sales or operations.
Skills, Characteristics, and Experience
- Strong work ethic, self-motivation, and sales drive
- Effective communication
- Confident decision-making skills
- Strong ability to negotiate
- Customer service or sales experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree desired
- Onsite training and ongoing career development.
- Competitive pay.
- Comprehensive benefits package.
- Internal advancement opportunities for high performers.
- Global opportunities.
- Casual dress & many perks.
- Diverse and Inclusive environment.
- Opportunities to impact the world around you through our 360 sustainability initiatives.
Important Notice to US Applicants:
Coyote is an at-will employer.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please view Equal Opportunity Posters provided by the OFCCP.