A Business Development Representative is responsible for selling and operating Coyote’s services to small and medium-sized customers. They are to focus on selling Coyote’s services over the phone and through other forms of communication such as email. Business Development Representatives are responsible for prospecting, communication, quoting, developing, operating, and maintaining their customer accounts.
Daily Tasks & Responsibilities (include, but not limited to):
- Build, maintain, and grow customer relationships through cold calls and consistent communication
- Research leads, uncover needs, and persuade decision makers to let Coyote service their freight
- Use creative and persistent methods to prospect and generate new business opportunities
- Serve as a consultative resource to customers regarding service offerings, market trends, industry standards and effectively provide quotes considering all variable factors
- Maintaining operational efficiencies for book of business through functions that include, but are not limited to, load building, scheduling, issue escalation, and capacity securement. Work with Carrier Managers to secure best viable options; calling carriers to get additional options and track when necessary
- Understand digital platform services & modal diversity service offerings and effectively persuade customers to use
- Effectively support teammates’ customers when they are out of office
- Meet or exceed expected KPIs
Essential Skills, Characteristics, & Experience:
- Prior sales, operations or customer service experience preferred
- Strong negotiation skills – persuasiveness, aggressiveness, confidence
- Efficient time management skills with the ability to recognize and prioritize profitable opportunities
- Strong relationship building skills and the ability to be a team player while working independently
- Effective and professional communication skills and strong customer service skills
- Confident decision-making skills, problem solving ability, issue resolution skills
- Entrepreneurial and competitive spirit, passion, self-motivation
- Organization and attention to detail
- Adaptability, multi-tasking ability, sense of urgency
- Persistence and resilience
- Ability to maintain composure in stressful situations
- Onsite training and ongoing career development.
- Competitive pay.
- Comprehensive benefits package.
- Internal advancement opportunities for high performers.
- Global opportunities.
- Casual dress & many perks.
- Diverse and Inclusive environment.
- Opportunities to impact the world around you through our 360 sustainability initiatives.
Important Notice to US Applicants:
Coyote is an at-will employer.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please view Equal Opportunity Posters provided by the OFCCP.