Update: The position has been filled, but we are potentially looking to hire an additional intern unpaid (Can be used for School Credit) for the Spring/Summer of 2021. Please note on your resume/CV the time frame that you are looking to work for the internship. We are looking for candidates that are available for a minimum of 6 months.
Special Note: Cortex Vertical is supporting fully remote Internship work due to the COVID-19 Pandemic. We encourage applicants looking for remote work to apply. For Internships ONLY – Full Time applicants will not be considered.
Please provide the time frame that you are looking for your Internship in your Resume/Application. (ex. May~August, or term blocks)
Job Description: UI-UX Designer
As a leader in large-scale Digital Asset Management implementations and integrations, we are looking for self-motivated, creative visual thinkers ready to expand their skills and be part of an exciting team building new interfaces that integrate Adobe Creative Cloud Apps and back-end Enterprise Digital Asset Management systems.
This full-time Internship position will work closely with our team and customers to translate business requirements into high-quality designs that are tested and documented. The UX-UI design role will build high quality design solutions through wireframes, visual and graphic designs, flow diagrams, storyboards, site maps, and prototypes. This position will be tasked with delivering consistent UX experience for our users to increase platform adoption and user productivity.
The ideal candidate has a great design sense with an ability to understand complex systems and workflows, and be able to translate use cases into simple, easy-to-use interfaces. The successful candidate will be an effective communicator, a willing collaborator, and knowledgeable on current best practices in UI development. Ultimately, you’ll create both functional, appealing and responsive UI’s that address our clients’ needs and help us grow our customer base.
Help us achieve our goal: to help our customers succeed by delivering high-quality, innovative, technology solutions that simplifies user experience and drives efficiency throughout the creative supply chain.
UI-UX Designer Responsibilities:
· Create intuitive interfaces that optimize user interaction and experience
· Combine creativity with an awareness of the design elements
· Understand competitive offerings and provide research and analysis on interface trends
· Conduct testing and rapid integration of new features, to ensure seamless navigation and functionality, incorporating feedback from clients, users, and the design team.
· Prepare and present conceptual designs to internal teams
· Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g., responsiveness)
· Create user flows, lo/hi fidelity designs and prototypes
· Collaborate with the Development team on designs, etc.
UI-UX Designer Qualifications:
· Experience with interaction and visual design for web-based experiences and applications
· Experience with Sketch, Figma or Adobe XD and InVision- Some knowledge of Usability Factors in Human Computer Interaction
· Knowledge of Adobe products including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign – Adobe Premiere, Audition and AfterEffects experience is a PLUS
· Strong understanding of UI principles like typography, color, composition
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with superior attention to detail
· Creative and analytical problem solver with a customer-centric perspective
· Self-motivated and willing to learn and “do what it takes” to get the job done
· Work with any Digital Asset Management systems is a PLUS
If you have samples of your work, please include a link with your submission.
Please Note: In light of the recent Coronavirus pandemic – we work with a globally distributed team and work remotely with our customers. Cortex Vertical supports remote work for Coop/Internship programs and encourage those who would like to work remotely to contact us.
We comply and confirm that this position meets all US Department of Labor Federal Internship Guidelines.