Our client, a full-service logistics company, is seeking a Key Account Manager for a direct hire opportunity in Nashville, TN.
The KAM is an extremely important piece of our growing brokerage team as they are the dedicated point of contact to our already existing and newly acquired customer base. The KAM will work collaboratively with all other departments within the Company to ensure that all customer service level agreements are anticipated and met successfully.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide existing and newly acquired customers with a first-class customer service experience by offering transportation solutions and executing on those plans
- Swiftly and efficiently solving problems that arise with the customers’ transportation network such as missed deliveries, damaged product, etc.
- Anticipating, identifying, and providing creative solutions for issues within the customers’ transportation network such as on-time performance, special projects, etc.
- Striving to always be proactive and make the customer aware of any issues before the customer lets our team know
- Partner with other departments within the Company such as Carrier Sales, Support Ops, AR/AP, Sales, etc. to handle all customer needs
- Continually growing customer accounts through building rapport, identifying issues, offering additional services, and providing successful solutions
- Solicit freight from customer list provided by sales department and collaborate with Van Customer service to accept EDI freight tenders that are live pickup and delivery that would otherwise be turned down.
- Solve customer issues to their satisfaction in conjunction with VAN or LRS CSR.
- Use exemplary telephone skills to present a quality-oriented image where the Customer is treated in a consistent, courteous, and efficient manner.
- Responsible for monitoring and tracing loads so that the follow up can be made to Customers regarding late pickups and or deliveries.
- Set appointments for pickup and delivery, adjust as necessary.
- Responsible for managing and clearing all billing issues.
- Responsible for managing service issues by researching and coding all applicable service failures in the system to support accurate service reporting.
- Responsible for managing EDI related requirements or web-based portals as required by Customer.
- Anticipate and facilitate problem resolution on all load issues to meet or exceed total satisfaction of Customers.
- Assist in collecting and maintaining current Customer information in the system.
- Work with all other MSCS internal departments to resolve customer or company issues when necessary.
- Communicate to Sales Service turn down freight and new business opportunities.
- Serve as the Customer liaison with other departments when necessary (i.e. claims, pricing, collections, etc.).
- Communicate effectively and professionally with Customers, Operation Personnel, Drivers and management of all levels.
- Assist in notifying and collecting detention (power and trailer) from customer
- High School Diploma or GED.
- BA/BS or equivalent work experience preferred
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- High level of comfort with using both email and phone to communicate
- High business acumen (experience working with enterprise sized customers a plus)
- Ability to remain calm under sometimes stressful situations
- Ability to adapt quickly to different situations and multi-task
- Previous driving experience or 6 months of customer service experience
- Commit to and receive detailed customer load information by telephone, fax, or EDI
- Input all load information into the system accurately to ensure system integrity
- Must be able to enter an average of 20 to 35 loads per day