Corning’s Mobile Consumer Electronics (MCE) Market Access Platform is committed to incorporating sustainability practices from invention, through the full product life cycle. In this role, you will be responsible for the development and execution of MCE’s cross-functional sustainability strategy that addresses how the Platform contributes to its communities and customers through positive environmental and social action as a corporate citizen. Champion the integration of sustainability practices into global MCE strategy and operations by developing, implementing, communicating, marketing and monitoring sustainability strategies and programs. Support and, at times, coordinate division level efforts across Gorilla Glass, Corning Bendable Glass and Advanced Optics. Collaborate with Corning’s other Market Access Platforms along with corporate level staff to share standard practices and support reporting requirements.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and track the various division level sustainability efforts currently underway
- Research or review regulatory, technical, or market issues related to sustainability
- Monitor customer and competitor initiatives and support responding to customer requests
- Conduct sustainability risk assessments and benchmark customer, competitor, and other organizations demonstrating best in class sustainability efforts to inform MAP strategy, methods and targets
- Analyze issues, audit as-is processes, and propose sustainability initiatives considering factors such as cost effectiveness, technical feasibility, acceptance and impact
- Assesses potential sustainability targets and support setting MCE sustainability goals
- Develop, implement, and revise sustainability practices and policies to achieve MAP goals for environmental, social, governance, and product opportunities in coordination with Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Operations, and Strategy
- Develop context-based metrics to track the effectiveness of MCE sustainability efforts
- Create marketing material to communicate sustainability issues, procedures, objectives, and impact for internal and external partners
- Lead ongoing sustainability programs such as community outreach, partner collaboration, or internal initiatives
- We require a bachelor’s degree, preferably in business, environmental sciences, environmental management, sustainability or engineering
- We are seeking 5 years of work experience, preferably with on-site sustainability or environmental science responsibilities
- Analytical and systems thinking; ability to pinpoint problems and research effective ways to deal with them, while accounting for systems dynamics
- Process orientation, ability to create or improve existing structure to get results
- Intellectual curiosity and creativity, openness to innovative problem-solving approaches
- Organized with ability to multi-task across variety of projects and functions
- Strong communicator with ability to translate facts, figures and data into something relatable to different audiences. Comfort with public speaking, written communication, and digital communication.
- Project management skillset with demonstrated ability to lead change.
- Ability to persuade others to champion MCE sustainability goals
- We prefer an advanced degree with a sustainability focus
- Diverse employment history: mix of private-sector business skills and an understanding of purpose-related issues
- Experience in glass, consumer electronics or the semiconductor supply chain
- Experience supporting sustainability efforts including, but not limited to, circular economy projects, assessing climate risks and opportunities following TCFD recommendations, and using ESG metrics collection systems
- Experience generating embodied carbon life cycle assessments
- We anticipate up to 25% travel for this role
This position does not support immigration sponsorship.
Corning offers a competitive salary, vacation, pension, and family medical leave.
Are you ready to start an exciting career with Corning, Inc.? Apply today!
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.