Location: Kennebunk, ME, US, 04043
Requisition Number: 45908
Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
As a leading developer, manufacturer, and global supplier of scientific laboratory products for 100 years, Corning’s Life Sciences segment collaborates with researchers seeking new approaches to increase efficiencies, reduce costs and compress timelines in the drug discovery process. Using unique expertise in the fields of materials science, surface science, optics, biochemistry and biology, the segment provides innovative solutions that improve productivity and enable breakthrough discoveries.
Scope of Position:
In this role, you will propose, plan, coordinate, execute and control projects involving the improve and/or implementation of modern data visualization systems for manufacturing environment to drive decision making. You will need to provide technical and non-technical guidance (oversight) to ensure the systems are technically and economically successful. We look for you to assist in development of solutions and resolving complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Improve and standardize vital manufacturing process metrics across the different workstreams.
- Create/improve and implement meaningful visual management systems to measure equipment and production area performance.
- Communicate project status and updates to the work group
- Measure and communicate progress against established objectives
- Advocate for Manufacturing 4.0 to become the plant SME (subject matter expert) to help drive the Corporate and Division strategy for our facility; acting as our liaison.
- Demonstrate leadership role from a technical perspective. Perform as a technical / functional expert in their own discipline. Broaden exposure to other engineering disciplines
- Provide project leadership for small process improvements and capacity increase projects.
- Establish project plans (scope, schedule, cost estimates, project acceptance criteria, etc.) for assigned area of responsibility
- Share expertise and knowledge to foster continuous improvement of the organization (project team or functional unit)
- Limited, less than 10% domestically.
Hours of work/work schedule/flex-time:
- Standard business hours; Monday – Friday.
- Normal office environment within 24/7 manufacturing operation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent technical degree.
Required Years and Area of Experience:
- Minimum of 2+ years of process engineer experience with focus on data analytics within a manufacturing environment.
- Proven experience with data analysis of key manufacturing metrics to drive decisions.
- Proven experience implementing visual management.
- Experience with Data Historians such as PI; and visual tools such as PI process book.
- Experience with data analytics and data visualization software’s such as PowerBI, Visual KPI, Tableau.
- Progressive responsibilities in global technical and project leadership.
- Fully knowledgeable of and capable in, appropriate engineering competency’s state of the art.
- Utilizes technical knowledge and skills to influence versus control others.
- Sound problem solving and decision-making processes and skills.
- Proficient in quality tools including Kepner – Tregoe, Performance Excellence, Project Management tools, etc.
- Computer/Information Technology Skills – MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint.
Desired Experience / Qualifications / Skills:
- Experience in multiple businesses or technical organizations.
- Project Team focused on single technical discipline.
- Prior project or work team experience.
- Possesses network with Corning global technical community and key external suppliers / partners.
- External recognition such as Green / Yellow / Black Belt, Lean, PMI, Professional Engineering or member of a technical society.
- Future Project Management Certification program may apply.
- Experience with CAD (Solid works, NX, AutoCAD, Pro-E, etc).
- Demonstrated ability to operate as a team player within a matrix organization.
- Self-starter who is able to satisfy their objectives and timelines with a minimal amount of supervision.
- Results oriented with a high commitment level.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills across all levels of the project team organization. Must be an effective communicator, able to deliver written and verbal messages.
- Conflict management – as a team player, seeks win – win solutions.
- Technical curiosity and a positive can-do attitude.
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills and can be a great teammate with strong people skills.
This position does not support immigration sponsorship.
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Nearest Major Market: Portland Maine