Job Title: Jr. Technical Writer
CORMAC Corporation, founded in 2002, offers full-service information technology and business solutions with specialties in Data Management, Analytics, Clinical Health, and Quality. Our customer-centric business philosophy is to first understand problems from our customers’ perspective and then provide innovative and practical technical and business solutions to achieve their business objectives. Located in the Washington, DC metropolitan area with offices in Herndon, VA, and Baltimore, MD, we are a CMMI® Maturity Level 3 and ISO 9001:2015 certified, women-owned company.
What you will do:
- This position is responsible for the origination, editing, and revision of technical documentation, including component specifications and manufacturing standard operating procedures. With appropriate input from other disciplines, this position may also be responsible for the editing and revision of technical reports or regulatory submission documents.
- Creates and ensures that the various document types are accurate, readable, well organized, and geared toward the intended user of the documentation.
- Applies skills and develops documentation, including customer-facing literature, operating procedures, component specifications, process flow charts, and manufacturing procedures.
- Assists engineering functions in gathering, organizing, and formatting information for inclusion in feasibility, qualification, or validation reports.
- Creates and submits new documents or document revisions into the document control system and tracks them to release.
- Assists functions in gathering information for, organizing, formatting, and writing domestic and international documents. Participates as an active team member in cross-functional teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, business or a technical field, or equivalent.
- At least one year of industry experience in either procedure writing, technical writing, or engineering.
- Experience in the Healthcare industry.
- Experience with Section 508 compliancy.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of technical and operations personnel.
- Ability to complete position responsibilities with limited direct supervision.
- Ability to gather and organize information.
- Ability to grasp technical terms, processes, and methods.
- Ability to handle a variety of projects at the same time.
- Excellent Microsoft Word skills along with the ability to navigate Bard computer systems.
- Familiarity with electronic documentation management (EDM) systems and their function and use.
- Ability to work in a cross-functional team environment, as well as the ability to function independently.
CORMAC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.