About the Company:
Compass Lexecon, one of the world’s leading economic consulting firms, specializes in financial and economic analysis of issues that arise in regulatory, policy and litigation matters. Compass Lexecon has been engaged by Fortune 500 corporations, government entities, and others to assist in numerous high-profile mergers, government investigations, and private litigation matters in the United States and worldwide. Compass Lexecon provides state of the art economic research capabilities that combine the academic, private-sector, and public-sector expertise of in-house economists and academic affiliates.
About the Opportunity:
Compass Lexecon is currently seeking Analyst candidates for our Los Angeles, CA (Century City) Competition Practice.
The Analyst position demands knowledge of or interest in microeconomics, a broad range of research skills, and the ability to perform quantitative analysis. Analysts work with case teams – interacting closely with other analysts, economists and case supervisors – in nearly all aspects of project work including a variety of quantitative and qualitative tasks, such as: (a) data gathering and analysis, including spreadsheet modelling and regression analysis; (b) industry research; (c) review of analyst reports and business documents produced in litigation; (d) production of expert reports, government filings, and client presentations; and (e) ensuring the quality of all work product.
- Conduct quantitative research and analysis, including researching, compiling, and analyzing large datasets.
- Conduct qualitative research and analysis, including researching, reviewing, and summarizing academic papers, analyst reports, press releases, industry analysis, and a wide range of documents produced in litigation.
- Research, understand, and summarize industry background and current developments.
- Analyze and conduct basic modeling of data used in client projects.
- Identify and communicate results of data analyses and research clearly and concisely, and promptly notify supervisors of data anomalies and updates.
- Create tables, charts, and other visual representations of analyses to be used in expert reports and presentations.
- Summarize and communicate research and analytical findings to team members and supervisors.
- Effectively organize and maintain client data, documents, and correspondence.
Basic Qualifications and Expectations:
- Strong academic background with a bachelor’s degree in an analytical field. Significant coursework in economics, mathematics, and statistics a plus.
- Demonstrated quantitative and qualitative research and analytical skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong time/stress management skills, including the ability to operate in a fast-paced office environment, completing multiple tasks on tight deadlines with close attention to detail.
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to adapt to different working styles.
- Due to the client-based nature of this industry, willingness to adapt to unexpected, shifting timelines and extended hours are required at times.
- Detailed knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Introductory knowledge of Stata, SAS, or other statistical software.
Position Classification: Non-Exempt
How to Apply:
A resume, cover letter, unofficial transcript (both graduate and undergraduate if applicable), and writing sample are required for a complete application.
Compensation and benefits are competitive with other major economics consulting firms.
Due to the large volume of applicants, no phone calls please.
Compass Lexecon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Vets and Disabled.