The Manager-in-Training (MIT) Environmental Services/Housekeeping role is part of an entry-level 12-week program that helps participants drive their careers with Compass Group. You will learn the day-to-day operations of the facilities management custodial department at an education account. This includes shadowing hourly staff, inspections, responding to calls, supervising staff, learning processes and procedures regarding safe use of chemicals, ordering, scheduling, HR functions, and additional tasks as assigned.
The MIT program is designed with a blend of operational experiences and leadership skills taught through distance, self-directed, and hands-on learning. When you start, you will be assigned to a temporary training location (Roanoke, VA) to complete the on-site/hands-on portion of your experience. Upon successful completion of the Manager in Training program, relocation within your assigned region is required to be considered for placement opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree received by December 2020 or any time prior
- 1 year of work experience or a related internship is preferred
- Must be open to relocation during training and upon completion of the training program
- Competency in all Microsoft Office applications
- Should be flexible, adaptable, and have the ability to act quickly with little or no supervision
- Career-minded self-starter with a can-do attitude who desires to lead and inspire groups of people
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and verbally before groups, clients, and/or employees
- Strong organization skills with the ability to prioritize, multi-task, and meet deadlines in a changing work environment