This paid opportunity was created for actively enrolled MIT undergraduate students in partnership with the PKG Center’s Social Impact Internship program. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns. Remote work allowed. In-person work is possible if mutually agreed by student and host site.
The Operational Services Division (OSD), an agency within the Executive Office for Administration and Finance (A&F), oversees and enforces procurement regulations, policies and practices applicable to the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Executive Branch Departments for goods and services and small scale construction services, oversees the Commonwealth’s passenger and light duty vehicle fleet, oversees Uniform Financial Reporting by Human and Social Service Vendors, and establishes special education tuition prices.
· Work closely with team members to identify areas for process improvement and efficiency
· Gather and document project requirements for reports and interactive dashboards.
· Data analysis and data cleansing with working knowledge of scripting tools, Python, Java
· Experience with any Business Intelligence tool is a plus.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
· Under supervision of a team lead, recommend and implement a data model to integrate the procurement, accounting and vendor management database tables.
· Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
· Analytical and problem-solving skills
· Strong communication skills; both verbal and written.
· Ability to research information and make recommendations
· Ability to synthesize information in order to document findings in a presentation format
· Ability to work well with others in a fast-paced collaborative team environment
· Ability to work independently and ask for assistance when needed.
· Ability to handle confidential materials.
· Ability to deal tactfully and professionally with employees.
Timing + Stipend: About 30 hours per week for IAP; between 120-160 hours. As part of the Social Impact Internship program, students may be eligible for a stipend of up to $2,000.
The Operational Services Division is committed to providing rewarding and challenging internships. Our projects are designed to be completed in ten weeks and to provide students with an accurate representation of what it would be like to work in the public sector. We plan to hire multiple students who, while working on separate projects will be located together to allow for collaboration with their peers and a more enriching experience. Interns learn about purchasing, and what environmental purchasing is – and receive a greater appreciation for purchasing decisions. In addition, depending on how many hours intern can provide, we usually have the intern sit in on meetings to understand how OSD works.
**Executive Order #595: COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement**
As a condition of employment, successful candidates will be required to have received COVID-19 vaccination prior to the finalization of the hiring process. Details relating to complying with this requirement will be provided to finalists.
Finalists who can provide documentation that the vaccine is medically contraindicated or who object to vaccination due to a sincerely held religious belief may make a request for a reasonable accommodation.