2 Oliver Street, 5th Floor
Boston, MA 02109
Position Title: YouthWorks and Signal Success Intern(Hybrid)
Reports To: YW and Signal Success Leadership
Level: Paid Internship
Hourly Rate: $18/per hr
Schedule: 10-20 hours per week M-F (January- May 2022)
Commonwealth Corporation is looking for a dynamic, energetic intern who is eager to learn about our organization and YouthWorks department. You will be working closely with the YouthWorks team to conduct research, capture data, create marketing materials, and assist with the creation of curriculum.
An ideal candidate would have strong writing, communication skills and great attention to details. You will be brought up to speed with current projects and involved in the planning of upcoming projects. This internship is an excellent opportunity to experience various aspects of communications, social media, and writing while gaining experience with a well-known community-based organization.
Example Projects include managing content and engagement for Youthworks network LinkedIn group, gather collateral from field partners for content generation.
- Research content to post on YouthWorks page
- local program marketing materials
- articles relevant to the field of positive youth development
- Research local and national programs and organizations to gain best practices for program
- Put together program highlights to create new marketing materials such as
- Testimonials and quotes
- Career Chats snippet video
- Program highlight video
- Learn platform SignUp.com and run registration reports on Career Chats and other program events
- Organize and create Hootsuite schedule for YouthWorks social media postings
- Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn
- Support the creation of PowerPoint slides for Career Chats
- Attend Career Chats and send shout outs and Amazon e-gift cards
- Participate in YouthWorks technical assistance meetings to learn more about the program
- Learn and engage with Signal Success career readiness curriculum
- Assist with cross-functional editorial and programmatic tasks
- Support YouthWorks team with additional tasks assigned related to programming
- A YouthWorks alum, college student, or recent college graduate
- Eager to learn and work with various departments in the organization
- Ability to multi-task
- Familiar with social media platforms, Google Drive, Microsoft Word, and PowerPoint – Adobe InDesign a plus
- Good understanding of the latest marketing trends and techniques
- Should have experience with creating materials for social media and editing short videos
- Must have excellent verbal communication and written communication skills
- A strong attention to detail
- Must also be comfortable working with stakeholders at all levels
Research suggests that qualified women and Black & Indigenous POC may self-select out of opportunities if they don’t meet 100% of the job requirements. We encourage individuals who believe they have the skills necessary to thrive at CommCorp to apply for this role.
- $18.00 per hour
- Practical experience with a statewide program
- Shadowing, mentoring, and training opportunities with professionals
- Opportunity to participate in networking events and company meetings
- Flexible schedule for students
- Access to LinkedIn Learning courses and learning path
- Opportunity for academic credit from school
- Opportunity for Professional Development Networking Events
Commonwealth Corporation is a quasi-public workforce development agency that strengthens the skills of Massachusetts youth and adults by investing in innovative partnerships with industry, education, and workforce organizations?
Our primary goals are:
- To build regional industry training partnerships that prepare youth and unemployed workers for jobs in demand that lead to higher rates of employment.
- To upgrade the skills of workers to meet specific employer skill demands leading to more productive and competitive businesses, job growth, retention, upgrades and wage gains; and
- To increase the share of youth and young adults engaged in education and employment pathways preparing them for post-secondary education and careers.
Commonwealth Corporation works with hundreds of Massachusetts companies, thousands of new and experienced workers, and thousands of youth and young adults each year.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Statement
As a leader in workforce development, Commonwealth Corporation is committed to having Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion embedded into the programs and services we offer, reflected in the people we impact and our workplace culture.
We strive to:
- Identify and dismantle historical and existing barriers within systems, policies, and practices in order to create long term economic opportunity and access for all.
- Increase our impact and productivity by fostering a workplace that welcomes diverse perspectives and experiences.
- Learn from the mistakes we are aware of, and to foster an environment that encourages our partners, stakeholders, and employees to hold us accountable.