Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory is looking for a Video Production Specialist in our Communications department. CSHL is a world-renowned innovator in science research, education, and communication. The Video Production Specialist will play a pivotal role in creating and producing compelling video and audio products, with an emphasis on storytelling, in support of the Laboratories communications efforts.
· Video Post-Production: Expert knowledge of video post-production, including most or all of the following: videography, photography, motion graphics, animation, video editing and other post production, and video/audio compression. Must have excellent skills in Adobe Premiere. Must be familiar with After Effects.
– Attend pre-production meetings and make suggestions. Assist with recording, lighting, and storyboarding.
· Audio Production: Assist in the production of audio projects, including recording, editing, incorporating music, finding supplementary audio assets, sound design, and all other aspects of audio post production for podcasts and video.
· Animation: 2D animation using After Effects. 3D animation is a plus (Maya or Cinema 4D).
· Responsible for uploading multimedia assets to third-party sites such as YouTube, Vimeo, SoundCloud, iTunes, Google Play, among others
· Be a team player ready to adapt what we do to a changing and unpredictable world
Other projects as deemed necessary by department management.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree in videography, media, communications, or similar field is required
EXPERIENCE/SKILLS: Video Post Production: Post-production editing and color grading using Adobe Premiere. Able to work with equipment including DSLRs, lighting kits, lavalier microphones, iPhone, GoPro, etc. Sound Recording: Lavalier and other microphones. Zoom recorders. Ability to mix speech, natural sound, music and sound effects. Experience with studio techniques. Sound Editing and Mixing: Audition or ProTools, Logic Pro, and UA Luna, understanding of music and sound. Knowledge and experience in applicable software including Adobe Creative Suite Strong organizational, communication, collaboration, and interpersonal skills; operating in a fast-paced environment and managing competing priorities Strong attention to detail, initiative, and follow through skills Flexible, positive, collaborative, action-oriented attitude and professional approach Ability to multitask projects under the high pressure of frequent and multiple deadlines and deal with interruptions in current work in-progress to handle higher priority jobs.
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
For immediate consideration, please apply for this position online at:
Position Number: 01588-A
For more information about CSHL, please visit us at https://www.cshl.edu
You are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition to your employment at the Laboratory, except in instances where you have a qualifying medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance that is contrary to receiving the vaccine. You will be required to provide proof of your vaccination on your first day of employment. For those individuals, who are unable to receive a vaccine due to access issues, they will be expected to receive the vaccine upon arrival in New York.
CSHL is an EO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status. VEVRAA Federal Contractor