What does a great Senior Product Designer do?
You will reimagine the products and experiences that comprise the customer acquisition lifecycle. You will reimagine the user experience for both prospects (potential customers) and the sales representatives that engage and convert these prospects. You will design systems that are attractive, intuitive, highly functional, and challenge the status quo.
You will be creative and has a passion for user experience, product design, and defining “the art of the possible”. Reporting to the Director of Product Management, this individual will ensure that new growth, marketing, and sales enablement products are designed to maximize conversion rates and ultimately grow our user base.
You’re The Kind Of Person Who
Can manage multiple projects and work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. You have excellent communication skills – including listening and presentation skills – and can work across teams (Product, Marketing, Sales, and Engineering) to drive innovation and results.
As a Senior Product Designer, you can look forward to:
- Approaching problems holistically, working with product management and internal clients to define strategic direction and optimize multiple interaction points across the merchant acquisition lifecycle.
- Leading design workshops and uncover opportunities to reduce friction for both internal and external users across all marketing and sales related processes and activities (chat, webform, sales scheduling, sales-follow up, etc. )
- Defining and create UX concepts and designs based on an intimate understanding of business requirements, problem statements, and stakeholder feedback.
- Transforming rough wireframes into polished designs and prototypes that adhere to UX best practices and communicate the product vision.
- Communicating design rationale and influence business stakeholders into trying new approaches to old problems.
- Ensuring design excellence and consistency across multiple device types and browsers.
- Managing creative agencies and content strategy, particularly as it relates to user-reengagement and the email channel. Ensure deliverables adhere to brand standards and best practices.
Travel – 10% post pandemic
Basic Qualifications For Consideration
- High School graduate/GED
- 4+ years of experience working with UX design, product design, digital marketing, or a related field.
- Experience using industry-standard software and tools (Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Axure, InVision, Marvel, Proto.io, etc.)
- Fluent in UX design and best practices.
- Prior experience conducting presentations.
Preferred Qualifications For Consideration
- A desire to learn about the payments industry and marketing.
About The Company
Clover delivers the leading Point of Sale system with an elegant end-to-end solution that incorporates beautiful devices, cloud-based POS software, payments processing, platform API’s for third-party developers, and an ecosystem with over 220 apps. The Clover platform delivers solutions in a scalable and modular fashion that powers tiny merchants through large football stadiums, supporting millions of transactions daily. Our devices and platform form the backbone of millions of payment interactions between merchants and their customers daily. We are looking for self-starters with a passion for technology who want to help us impact millions of merchants’ lives one transaction at a time.
Join the Fintech and SaaS revolution that is helping small businesses grow faster and get the technology and insights previously available only to the “big guys.” At Clover, you will be part of an entrepreneurial team working in a fast-paced and high growth environment, with the benefits of a parent company, Fiserv, a global leader in Fintech and payments enabling innovative financial services experiences that are in step with the way people live and work.
To support the total well-being of our associates, Fiserv takes a broad approach to our benefits. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that provides flexibility and affordability with a variety of medical, dental, vision, life insurance and disability options.
We are #FISVProud of our benefits and well-being programs. Our commitment to wellness, wellness education, preventive services and fitness activities are designed to meet you where you are.
Life moves fast. And as it does, we know most people aren’t thinking about “financial services” But we are.
We help people and businesses move money and information every minute of every day. Our solutions connect financial institutions, corporations, merchants and consumers to one another, millions of times a day, behind the scenes, reliably and securely.
We’re Fiserv, a global leader in Fintech and payments enabling innovative financial services experiences that are in step with the way people live and work today. The company’s approximately 44,000 associates proudly serve clients in more than 100 countries, so their customers, members and consumers can move money when and where they need it, at the point of thought.
Our Aspiration is to move money and information in a way that moves the world. As a FORTUNE™ 500 company and one of FORTUNE Magazine World’s Most Admired Companies for the seventh consecutive year, we are committed to excellence and purposeful innovation.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled/LGBT).
Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Vet.