Clocktower Group is an asset management and investment advisory firm based in Santa Monica, CA with an office in Shanghai. We have developed a premier network of institutional investors, managers, and market thinkers focused on hedge fund and venture investing. We use our insight and perspective to actively collaborate with our clients in designing more effective investment portfolios. Our fast-growing business today includes a hedge fund seeding platform (with both global macro and China strategies), a hedge fund advisory service, and a fintech venture capital platform.
We are hiring a Paralegal to join our legal and operations team, helping us close investments, launch fund products, and manage the firm’s legal and compliance obligations. Our team is small and collaborative, and this is an ideal role for someone entrepreneurial and with a legal background looking to grow within the hedge fund and venture industries.
What you’ll do:
- Venture Capital and Hedge Fund Investments. You’ll work closely with the investment teams to close new investments. This will include gathering and organizing required investment documents, communicating internally and externally on timing and investment details, and coordinating the close process. Post-investment, you will assist the team in monitoring our venture portfolio companies and hedge fund managers and generating dashboards/reports.
- Fund Launches. You’ll help drive the fund launch process for new venture and hedge fund products and co-investment vehicles, including helping to maintain the launch timeline and coordinating with external legal counsel on forming entities and drafting private fund offering materials, and opening bank accounts.
- Compliance. You’ll help maintain and implement the firm’s compliance program, undertaking the necessary policies and procedures for SEC and NFA/CFTC regulatory compliance and making the necessary filings, as well as for other regulators as needed.
- Third Party Agreements. You’ll manage firm risk and facilitate our business relationships through contract life cycle management and generating reporting on our various legal agreements across the firm.
- Project Management. You will support in monitoring compliance calendar, policies & procedures, as well as overall compliance administration.
- 1-3+ years of paralegal experience at an investment manager or law firm.
- Experience within private funds practices required.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must maintain a high level of professionalism and discretion, maintaining confidentiality of sensitive information.
- This role must be onsite 3 days per week in our Santa Monica office.
- We currently require that all personnel and visitors to our office are fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus. Given that many of the essential functions of this role must be performed on-site, this role requires full COVID-19 vaccination (subject to any exemptions or accommodations due to medical or religious reasons).
What you’ll get:
- All the resources you’ll need to learn and grow.
- Independence to run with your ideas.
- Joining an elite team that works with some of the most sophisticated investors and entrepreneurs in the world.
- World-class benefits:
- Delicious, healthy lunches and snacks
- Fully paid, top-tier medical coverage and corporate wellness program
- Beautiful office space with amazing ocean views
Clocktower Group is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law.