We are looking for a highly motivated candidate with experience working with hedge funds to join our intensely collaborative team in Shanghai. Clocktower Group is a leading asset management and investment advisory firm based in Los Angeles, California, United States. We have developed the world’s premier network of institutional investors, hedge fund managers, and market thinkers, focused on global macro-oriented investing. We use our insight and perspective not only to inform our investing, but also to actively collaborate with our clients in designing more effective investment portfolios. Our business today includes a hedge fund seeding platform, an investment advisory service, a venture capital division, and an onshore China investment business. Drobny (Shanghai) Investment Management company is our onshore WOFE subsidiary, serving as a bridge between global clients and Chinese hedge fund market.
Our Operations Associate will help drive our relationships with hedge fund managers, leading operational due diligence and supporting the launch of managers’ businesses, as well as supporting the operational requirements of our funds and the Shanghai office. This role will be central to our efforts as we expand and scale or China hedge fund strategies.
What you’ll do:
· Hedge Fund Investing. Will play an integral role in operational due diligence on potential hedge fund investments and helping our hedge fund seeds launch and grow their businesses. You will leverage your own expertise as well as that of our seed investors to provide best practices to seed managers.
· Fund Launches. Will assist with the operational aspects of launching new fund products and co-investment vehicles, including onboarding service providers, opening bank accounts, and coordinating with internal and external legal counsel on entity formation and fund documents.
· Fund Accounting and Valuation. Work with the operations team and with our fund administrators on the performance measurement and monthly NAV accounting for our funds. This includes maintaining a shadow book to verify and approve the administrators’ calculations and working with the fund’s auditors to finalize the annual audited financials.
· Firm Operations. Will work with the operations team to provide support of firm operations for the Shanghai entity, including maintaining the company budget and supporting new hire onboarding and HR.
· 2+ years’ experience working at a hedge fund or hedge fund service provider.
· Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Financial Engineering, or equivalent experience.
· Strong technical skills and analytical ability, good judgment, and a strong operational focus.
· Fluency in Mandarin Chinese (written and verbal) required.
· Effective English written/verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
· Ability to multi-task.
· Progress towards CFA preferred.
· Independent project experience with meaningful insights or takeaways.
· Good team player and high integrity.
Clocktower Group is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law.