Our teammates are at the core of what we believe in: People, Collaboration, Learning, and Excellence (PeopleCLE). We look to hire individuals who are committed to our purpose of uniting and inspiring our city through the power of team. Our mission is to win the World Series while creating a compelling fan experience. If you believe you possess these important traits, please consider a career with the Cleveland Indians.
PRIMARY PURPOSE: Work within the Indians Communications Department to create and implement Social Media content via photography, videography, and graphic design to increase Indians brand recognition and affinity, and increase dynamic communications with fans and business partners by way of established and emerging social media platforms. Will assist with other Communication/Social Media/Photography duties as assigned.
The job will require interactions with crowds of people, and thus carries risks associated with such gatherings.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Demonstrate ability to capture and develop unique, engaging content – including photos, video, and graphic creation for use on social channels.
- Photograph and video game action that supplements content from Team Photographer and Creative team.
- Demonstrate ability to turn content quickly in-game for use on social channels
- Graphic creation and animation (added bonus) for social platforms while staying within brand guidelines developed by the Creative team.
- Assist team photographer with marketing and advertising photos.
- Organize photo database and upload/keyword images on a regular basis.
- Coordinate and execute comprehensive social media strategies across platforms including but not limited to Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Medium (blog platform), and others, with specific focus on Instagram. Strategies should be focused on increasing brand recognition and loyalty and achieving clearly defined goals for social media platforms.
- Work all home games and all other related team events.
- Support the relationship between the Indians and Major League Baseball, including collaboration with social media content and the Cleveland social media In-Game Coordinator.
- Work with all internal departments – including but not limited to Brand, Marketing, Baseball Operations, Ballpark
- Operations, Ticket Sales, Ticket Services, Corporate Sales, and Merchandising on a project-specific basis.
- Assist by supporting daily online efforts with content on indians.com, email marketing, and Cleveland Baseball blog.
- Assist the Indians Communications Department by supporting social media communications, marketing, and advertising programs.
- Monitor social media trends and content innovations to ensure Indians social media accounts are incorporating best
- practices in content generation.
- Monitor social media channels, tracking negative and positive comments and responding when necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Photography and videography experience – preferably live-action and marketing/advertising
- Graphic Design experience – proficient with Adobe Suite – intimate knowledge of Photoshop, Lightroom & Premiere
- Experience in social media and digital communications, including knowledge of most prevalent, established and
- emerging social media platforms; includes but not limited to Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat, and others.
- Knowledge of traditional and social media trends and the ability to ascertain how those trends will affect the sports and
- entertainment industry both near and long-term.
- Copywriting and editing skills (AP style).
- Intimate knowledge of Indians baseball, past and present.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to work independently and manage multiple deadline-oriented projects
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Strong problem-solving, customer service, analytical, and leadership skills.
- Ability and drive to succeed in a collaborative, group setting – team-first mentality.
- Prior sports photography work/experience
- Prior video experience
- Graphic Design knowledge
- Knowledge of social media channels and experience running brand accounts
- Reads, speaks, comprehends, and communicates English effectively in all communications.
- Represents the Cleveland Indians in a positive fashion to all business partners and the general public.
- Ability to develop and maintain successful working relationships with members of the Front Office.
- Ability to act according to the organizational values and service excellence at all times.
- Ability to work with multicultural populations and have a commitment to fairness and equality.
- Ability to walk, sit or stand for an entire shift.
- Ability to work extended days and hours, including holidays and weekends.
- Ability to move throughout all areas and levels of the Ballpark.
- Ability to work in a diverse and changing environment.
- Occasional physical activity such as lifting and carrying boxes up to 55 lbs.