Full-Time Position with Clean Fuels Ohio
Title: Events & Communications Manager Application
Deadline: December 1, 2021 (Candidates will be considered as they apply.)
Overview: Clean Fuels Ohio is looking for a talented, driven, team-oriented individual to serve as the Events & Communications Manager serving programmatic events, managing organizational media exposure and associated communications, and performing various outreach and administrative functions
About Clean Fuels Ohio: Clean Fuels Ohio is a statewide nonprofit organization based in Columbus, Ohio. Our mission is to improve air quality and health, reduce environmental pollution, and strengthen Ohio’s economy by increasing the use of cleaner, domestic fuels, and energy-saving vehicles.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree (minimum) and related experience required. Must have excellent written and verbal communication abilities and superior organizational, computer, and event planning skills. Educational or professional qualifications related to media and communications (including but not limited to media relations, website management, experience with various organizational communication and social platforms, strategy planning and reporting) required. Experience related to transportation energy, environmental sustainability, and non-profit programming is helpful.
Job Responsibilities Include:
Event Planning, Outreach & Marketing:
• Assist Director of Business Development and Communications on event and outreach strategy, budgeting, and planning.
• Conduct outreach and marketing to multiple audiences using contact databases, email, social media, earned media, website, and other channels.
• Carry out a wide variety of events such as seminars, workshops, webinars and large-scale events in multiple program areas, working with multiple staff. Handle scheduling, logistics, sponsors and exhibitors, outreach and promotion, follow-up, and reporting.
• Assist in the planning, executing, and reporting of organization communications plan.
• Oversee and manage CFO’s communications efforts by working closely with program staff create impactful content to promote to key audiences.
• Manage CFO’s social and owned media (including newsletter and blog.)
• Facilitate ongoing CFO member (businesses, fleets, stakeholders) engagement by incorporating members into organizational communications efforts.
• Develop, deliver, and manage organizational communications content, including but not limited to media releases, monthly newsletter, blog, social media, graphics, slide decks, one-pagers and other branded assets that are core to CFO programs.
• Manage regular updates to content on CFO’s website to reflect our mission and enhance outreach and education efforts.
• Monitor and measure impact of communications efforts (e.g. earned media mentions, web and social media analytics).
• Establish and develop ongoing relationships with print and electronic, community, and industry media.
Location: 3240 W. Henderson Rd., Ste A, Columbus, OH 43220
Salary: $42,000-$50,000 commensurate with experience (benefits available)
To Apply: Send cover letter and resume by email to Rachel Ellenberger, Director of Business Development and Communications, at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Events and Communications Manager Application.”