The Associate Consultant at Clarivate Consulting serves as a key member of project teams by providing research, data, analysis, and creativity to client engagements, business development efforts and internal projects. Associate Consultants are vital to ensuring that we provide our clients with the insights and information they need to achieve success. Associate Consultants either may have an advanced graduate degree in a scientific or related field or possess 1-2 years’ prior experience relevant to life sciences following an undergraduate degree.
A successful Associate Consultant will be a high-energy individual that is able to interact with all levels of project and client teams, provide accurate, meaningful and timely analysis and develop valuable results. Associate Consultants will participate on multiple client projects and are expected to learn and develop quickly with guidance and direction from more experienced team members.
- Execute discrete research efforts including primary and secondary research needed for projects
- Conduct qualitative research through desktop research and interviews with KOLs, physicians, providers, payors and industry knowledge experts to garner insights and data relevant to client engagements
- Perform quantitative analysis (i.e. financial modeling, data manipulation) to develop accurate product and market forecasts (e.g. sales or dosage projections)
- Synthesize large amounts of data and information into discrete stories and assumptions that drive overall recommendations and the “so-what” for clients
- Produce quality client deliverables including PowerPoint presentations, reports, white papers, etc.
- Engage on multiple client projects, effectively manage time commitments, provide creative insights and assume greater leadership and project management responsibilities as you gain more experience
- Support senior team members in business development efforts including greenfield research and developing proposals and pitch books (RFPs)
- Demonstrate commitment to personal and professional development through trainings and/or unstructured sessions
- Contribute to the social environment by executing assigned firm-building activities including knowledge management, internal trainings and assisting with recruiting top talent
- Travel to/from client sites when required
- An advanced graduate degree (PhD, ScD, MD, DPharm, etc.) in a science-related field OR 1-2 years’ experience in a healthcare-related setting following an undergraduate or non-MBA masters degree
- Demonstrated track record of extra-curricular achievement and involvement, ideal candidates/students will have served in a leadership role in a student group or club
- Comfortable performing both qualitative and quantitative analysis including primary and secondary research
- Exceptional project and time management skills with the ability to handle multiple projects and work demands at the same time
- Highly motivated with a strong work ethic and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Experienced with all Microsoft Office products is critical, especially PowerPoint, Excel, Word and Outlook
About Us / Benefits:
Clarivate is the premier provider of high-value analytics, data, insights, and consulting services to the world’s leading Pharmaceutical, Biotech, MedTech and Healthcare companies. Whether entering new markets, planning pre-launch/launch activities or optimizing brand performance, clients rely on Clarivate to understand market dynamics, map customer behavior and identify strategic commercial opportunities.
Clarivate Consulting, the strategy consulting arm of Clarivate, is the trusted partner for navigating the complex global healthcare environment with forward-thinking perspectives. With commitment to genuine client collaboration, we combine deep domain expertise and data driven analysis to deliver relevant insights and customized, actionable solutions for our clients in the areas of new product planning, commercial strategy and pricing & market access. Clarivate Consulting has completed over 1,000 successful projects since 2012.
Clarivate offers a rich benefits package including competitive compensation, 3 weeks paid vacation to start and medical, dental and life insurance programs from first day of employment. We also offer a generous 401(k) retirement plan after two complete months of employment. Various locations provide other perks including healthy snacks and beverages, team lunches, holiday parties, etc. We are an equal opportunity employer.