As part of a highly collaborative group using data and evidence to improve city government, the Data Program Manager will take ownership of the management of the programs that make up our data portfolio:
- Open Data: Maintain our Open Data portal with up-to-date datasets, improve our current website and engage the local community
- Surveillance Technology Policy: Help lead the Surveillance Technology Working Group to ensure rigorous and transparent evaluation of new technologies by the City
- What Works Cities certification: Manage the City’s engagement with the initiative, document progress, and work with departments in advancing our data-driven agenda.
The Data Program Manager will work with team members, other departments, and external stakeholders, to define scopes, set clear milestones and deliverables, and ensure that the programs deliver value in a timely fashion. This position will play a crucial role in the development and execution of Syracuse’s citywide data strategy.
This role will report to the Chief Innovation & Data Officer, working closely with other members of the Office of Accountability, Performance, and Innovation.
Some of the day-to-day responsibilities for this role you will include:
- Manage the on-going data programs offered by our office, develop roadmaps and work with team members to ensure their timely execution
- Establish, maintain, and manage relationships with client departments, offices, and external City partners around analytics and data-sharing.
- Support the creation and implementation of analytics pilot projects and cross-agency data sharing programs aimed at growing analytics capacity citywide.
- Pursue opportunities around civic data and technology projects and connect interested stakeholders to city opportunities or challenges.
- Communicate the impact of api’s programs and projects effectively across a variety of audiences
- Handle other special projects and initiatives as identified by the Chief Innovation & Data Officer.