The Mayor’s Office oversees the daily operations of City departments and agencies, coordinates City initiatives and assists departments in improving service quality and in measuring performance to provide greater accountability.
The Policy Analyst, under the Office of the Mayor, will assist with projects tailored to meet the needs of stakeholders in New Haven and the State. The Analyst will focus on the collection, analysis, and manipulation of a broad range of data and assist in the development of meaningful recommendations for the Mayor, Coordinators, department heads and the Board of Alders to act on. This position will report to the Chief of Staff.
Graduation from an accredited community college plus two years of experience with administrative, analytic, coordination, supervisory or liaison responsibilities; or: A four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent plus four years of experience; or a satisfactory equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or greater, plus two (2) years full-time professional experience required;
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy, transparency and accountability in all work product required;
- Keen attention to detail, flexibility and an enthusiastic work ethic required;
- Bi-lingual abilities;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required;
- Strong knowledge of MS Office products, particularly Excel, required;
- Ability to demonstrate cultural competency and self-reflection in providing leadership and in understanding the effects of race, class, ethnicity, income, sexual orientation, gender identity, and national origin in society and on policy making;
- An understanding of urban issues, especially New Haven City government and the City’s operating agencies preferred;
- Experience in performance reporting, data collection, or data analysis preferred.
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLY:
In order to be considered for this title, you must apply during the posting period via the online application portal.
2) First-time users will click “New User Registration” and create your Applicant Profile
3) Click on available job postings and Apply Online. You will need a valid, working email address to apply.
Please note that our method of communication with applicants is by email. In the application process, please provide us with a valid email address, and ensure you monitor your email, including spam or junk, for correspondence from our department.
If you experience technical difficulties in the online application process, please contact our office at 203-946-8252 or email NHJobs@newhavenct.gov.