Youth Services Manager
Are you looking for a career opportunity that creates positive connections within the community? If so- apply today!
We are now accepting applications for a full-time Youth Services Manager located in the City of Keene’s Parks and Recreation Building! This position is responsible for programs and services aimed at preventing juvenile delinquency, reducing court involvement, empowering youth and making positive connections with the community. They will advocate for children and youth at risk mentoring through programs, services, volunteer opportunities and events fostering accountability, education, self-advocacy and self-esteem, and development of decision making skills in a manner that is positive, non-judgmental and confidential. Develops and implements programs and supervises staff and interns of Youth Services. Represents Youth Services and the City in network meetings and city functions throughout the community and participates in various boards and committees for the City of Keene.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
• Manage the daily operation of Youth Services (YS) office, including direct supervision and management
of YS staff, interns and summer youth workers and oversight its supervisors.
• Responsible for total administration of Youth Services grant applications. Manage grants and funds
received. Prepare associated program reports and correspondence.
• Possess and maintain through knowledge of juvenile justice system. Possess and maintain knowledge
of NH Criminal Code, police procedures, social service, school policies, child labor laws, loss prevention,
client evaluation, mental health, substance abuse, and adolescent development.
• Responsible for overall management of the JCC Program, Earn-It Program, Youth Intervention Program,
and Summer Youth Program.
• Engage youth volunteer initiatives to provide community service efforts for the betterment of the City.
• Maintain confidentiality in the YS Department and knowledge of the specific confidentiality statutes
of juvenile law.
• Establish best practices for volunteer services and management.
Salary and Benefits:
This full-time position offers a competitive salary range of $59,273- $73,865 annualized. The City of Keene also offers full-time regular employees a strong benefits package, including health, dental, life, disability, retirement, paid leave time, tuition reimbursement and more!
Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Sociology or related field plus three to five years of experience in the counseling and referral of youth including those exhibiting delinquent or pre-delinquent behavior; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Supervisory and volunteer management experience also required. Grant writing and administration experience desired.
Come to Keene and settle in! Our community is known as a safe place to live and one of the nation’s top communities to raise a family! Apply online: https:/keenenh.gov/jobs. Please upload your resume and cover letter before submitting your completed application. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis, and will continue to be accepted until an adequate pool of candidates is received.
Job Description: Youth Services Manager
The City of Keene is an Equal Opportunity Employer.